Tuesday, August 17, 2021

glamping tips for your next camping getaway

Travel used to be a somewhat regular part of my life. It may not have involved super expensive international vacations but there was usually room for a bus tour, a weekend getaway, or a week off somewhere special. The pandemic changed everything. Travel was suddenly over and done with. Sadly, we had a Walt Disney World vacation booked and largely paid for. My husband and I had to try to chase down refunds for airline tickets...and lose out on some non-refundable expenses. Though it will likely be a long time until we do any significant travel that involves airplanes or a different country, we do have a vacation planned. In fact, by the time you are reading this, we will be at a cottage with my immediate family for the week. It isn't far away and provided the opportunity to get away from it all without being unsafe. So, with that in mind, I wanted to share a few glamping tips just in case you will also be camping or cottaging this summer. 

There are many different ways to enjoy the great outdoors. Some people love to rough it and live off the land. Not me! I am not exactly what you would call a nature type person. Sure, I love a good Bob Ross painting and waterfall sounds on YouTube but that is pretty much where it begins and ends. So as you can imagine, heading to a cottage is not a normal thing for me. That being said, my intention is to make the most of it and incorporate a little glamour wherever possible.

Choose Comfortable Footwear That Still Looks Good. Just because you need practical shoes to take you from the dock to the hiking trail and back again doesn't mean you have to compromise on style. Add a little extra glamour to your footwear! Choose shoes in a bright neon colour, add in glitter shoelaces, or reach for a pair of sandals with a patterned fabric or with cute beaded details. Or you can always let your feet do the talking. Either give yourself a colourful pedicure before you head out on your camping or cottage trip...or spend time pampering yourself while on vacation. 

BYOB - Bring Your Own Bedding. The easiest way to infuse your outdoor vacay with a little glamour is to bring your own bedding. Sure, the cottage may have rustic sheets and your sleeping bag may work just fine...but you deserve a little something special. Bring a fluffy new pillow and a cute pillowcase in your favourite colour. Another option is to bring a comforter that reminds you of home (perfect for those with travel anxiety or who are vacationing without a family member) or bring some of your favourite blankets. Make sure your time in nature is always comfortable and cozy. 

Don't Skip Out On Your Everyday Makeup Routine. Who says you have to go without on a camping or cottage trip? Only skip your everyday makeup routine if you feel like it. Some days, you may want a bare face and other days, you may want some eyeshadow and lots of eyeliner. Do you! If you want to feel glamorous and pampered on your vacation (or even just on the first and last day)...continue with your everyday makeup routines. Sometimes those little extra touches can make you feel like your best and most glamorous self. Just be mindful not to bring heavily scented products. Anything too strong can attract insects. 

Even More Glamping Tips to Consider. It doesn't end there. To make the most of your summer getaway, do what you can to add in some more luxury and fabulousness. Other ideas include: bringing food to cook high-quality meals (leave the hot dogs behind this time), taking exciting entertainment options with you (bowling sets, cards, or even a projector), and making good use of lights (twinkle lights will instantly make your space feel more glamorous and beautiful). Find ways to infuse your nature-filled vacation with the little things that make you smile. 

I'll be honest. Going to the cottage is not my favourite thing in the world...but it is nice to be able to get out there and do something with my immediate family. Here is hoping we make some special (and glamourous) memories this summer. 

Will you be glamping this summer? How will you make this month special?

12 comments:

  1. That sounds very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Glamping is definitely an interesting way to enjoy nature!

      Delete
  2. Not really into camping and not sure I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I feel you on that. I'm definitely more of an inside person!

      Delete
  3. I have never been glamping before but would love to go!! I have happy memories of camping when I was younger and glamping sounds so much fun - I adore nature but don't like the spiders haha! My garden is filled with mini spiders currently - but I guess I won't have many plant pests xD xx

    Elizabeth @ www.icecreamandclara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so fun! I am with you on the spiders. Not into them at all!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have fun at the cottage! :) I really loved our Disney trip in 2019 so I am sad we haven't been able to go again like I hoped to - we will be stuck in Australia for a while I think! A nice local trip sounds like a good idea but things can change so often here with lockdowns (because the government still doesn't have enough vaccines for us) that we are just staying home for now.

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I really hope you'll be able to visit Disney again in the future. And I hope I'll be able to as well! It must be really frustrating that things keep changing over and over again with the lockdowns. I'm glad you are staying safe <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing that information.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tips! makeup and skin care routine adds a lot to the comfort of any camping/glamping as well as nice bedding. I had a lovely time in camping van this year and I loved every minute of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! The little things can make such a noticeable difference. Aww I am so glad you had a good time camping in a van. That sounds wonderful!

      Delete