Ever since Nivea changed the formula on their Essential Lip Balm...my lips have been in a state of emergency. There is nothing that has worked as well as that original formula. (The new formula caused my lips to peel and burn. There must be something they added to it that my skin does not like.) At this point? I have tried it all. Homemade concoctions, well-known brands, and well, just about everything. Most things do not do the trick. Then there is Laneige. When I initially reviewed the Lip Sleeping Mask, my review was overwhelmingly positive. It was a wonderful overnight mask and performed well. Well, these days, it is something that I have been using throughout the day as well. With a price point of $26 for a full-sized container, this is a pricey alternative to my old Nivea lip balm, but it is undoubtedly effective. Over the holiday season, my mom gifted me the Midnight Minis 5-Piece Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask set, which includes five mini versions of the fabulous mask in five different scents. Clearly, the formula is outstanding, but which scents are the best? It is time to rank these Midnight Minis.
There are five different scents included in the Midnight Minis 5-Piece Set from Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask set, including Berry, Sweet Candy, Gummy Bear, Lemon Sorbet, and Mint Choco. Definitely a nice assortment of scents to use and enjoy...but how do they rank? Let's start with the best of the best and work our way down the list.
- Number One: Gummy Bear. The absolute best from this Midnight Minis set is not shocking, considering my love of all things sweet. The Gummy Bear mask doesn't smell quite like gummy bears, but instead has more of a grape popsicle scent. It smells nostalgic in a really wonderful way and makes me smile whenever it is used.
- Number Two: Sweet Candy. This is a familiar favourite. In fact, it was included in the Kiss Me At Midnight set last year. I still maintain that this smells like an old-school Bonne Bell Lipsmackers...and I mean that in a good way. This is sweet, satisfying, and a little on the strong side. It is not ideal for anyone who prefers a lighter scent, but is wonderful for anyone who likes having lip products with a bolder scent.
- Number Three: Berry. For something that is sweet but a little more on the subtle side, the Berry mask is ideal. This smells wonderful, is easy to wear, and will not be too overpowering. I have had this scent in the full-sized version and it really is excellent. Full size or mini size, I never seem to grow tired of this pleasant berry smell.
- Number Four: Mint Choco. Ahh...Mint Choco. This is another version that I have tried previously. It smells exactly as you would imagine. Like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yum! The scent is pleasant and enjoyable, just not quite as enjoyable as some of those sweeter lip masks in the set.
- Number Five: Lemon Sorbet. The last on the list is Lemon Sorbet. It's not that this is unpleasant, but personally, lemon is not a favourite of mine. This is likely because I tend to associate lemon with cleaning supplies. It is hard to shake the association. That being said, this lip mask will certainly be put to good use. Just maybe not right away.
There is something so wonderful about sets loaded with mini products. The Midnight Minis set from Laneige makes it possible to try out several different scents and keep my lips hydrated at the same time. It is a win-win!
Have you tried the Lip Sleeping Mask from Laneige? Which scent is your favourite?