Monday, August 23, 2021

mini drugstore haul (reviews and video)

Sometimes, those unexpected stops off at the drugstore manage to be a little more expensive than planned. Especially when a leisurely stroll through the beauty aisle is involved. You know how it is....pop in for some essentials and walk out with a whole lot of non-essential (but fun) items. That is how this mini drugstore haul came to be. It includes some new nail polish as well as some makeup items, perfume, and there are even some samples thrown into the mix. Ready to take a peek at everything? Here is a video haul as well as some drugstore product reviews. 

First thing is first...it is time to take a look at all of the drugstore products that came home with me that fateful day. I recently filmed a little mini drugstore haul video for my YouTube channel, which you can check out here: 

Now to dig into those reviews. I'll be discussing the Essence lip liner, the Sally Hansen nail polish and the Juicy Couture perfume. As for the Revolution Forever Dynamic Tranquil Eyeshadow Palette? Stay tuned for a full review and makeup look in the next few days. For now, it is time to dig into some of those other drugstore items. 

Essence Soft Contouring Lip Liner in 04 So Lovesick. When it comes to lip products...they have not been getting as much traction in my makeup collection over the last year and a half or so. With constant mask wearing, there really hasn't been much need. That being said, the world is starting to open up again, and so it seemed appropriate to replace the lip liners in my collection. (I only had two. One was red and one was a nude colour. They had sadly dried out over the last year and a half of sitting around!) To replace the red liner, I chose the Essence soft contouring lip liner in the shade 04 So Lovesick. It is easy to use, comes in a gorgeous red colour, and lasts all day with ease. 


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Prismatic Shine in Glow Getter. Nail polish is always a fun item to have on hand...but my patience is limited. There is nothing I hate more than waiting and waiting and waiting for a nail polish shade to try. That is one of the reasons why I adore the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri line. The polishes dry completely in just a minute or two. It is wonderful. I was really intrigued by the Glow Getter shade because it has a prismatic finish and looks beautiful worn over top of another nail polish shade or on its own for something sheer but shiny. This is definitely a great little extra!


Juicy Couture Perfume in Oui Splash. This next item was certainly not something that I was looking for...but my husband asked the cosmetician to bring out the bottle so I could smell it. (He knows that I love all things Juicy Couture and that perfume is my obsession.) He decided that he wanted to treat me...just because! It was really sweet. As for the actual perfume? It is the ultimate summer scent. From the bottle with the two tones of blue and the gold charm hanging off the side to the fruity and sweet scent, Oui Splash is a standout. It has definitely been in high rotation recently.  

It was certainly exciting to poke around the drugstore and see what was new on the shelves. And it was equally fun to take a few items home with me. Remember to stay tuned for a full review and makeup look featuring that Revolution palette. 

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have a favourite drugstore brand?

16 comments:

  1. Great haul, Shannon:) I went to Shoppers the other day and for some reason could not find the Revolution corner. Imma gonna have to go back! I really like that palette you got, and that JC perfume sounds fab as well:)
    PS Even your samples were great. Those Vichy ones are dangerous though coz they make you fall in love with the whole line LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oh no! At the store I was at, the Revolution stuff was on an end near the makeup section instead of on the actual wall of makeup. Hopefully that helps you find it!

      Delete
  2. Such a great haul! it's so easy to make those impulse buys when we are shopping for sure! :) The nail polish looks great and the perfume sounds lovely!


    Hope your week is off to a good start! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you're absolutely right, this prize is amazing <3 :D Kinder products are the best sweets. Thank you <3
    My week was a little bit lazy :D I slept so much but sometimes your body needs this. Thanks =) Yes summer was really strange this year but I love autumn so it's ok :D

    Great post with a nice haul =)
    The Essence lip liner looks nice, red is always a good colour and it's perfect for winter and christmas in 4 months.
    The Sally Hansen nail polish has a beautiful colour <3 I would love it too.
    Oh Juicy Couture reminds me of my childhood :D I loved it so much. Now my favourite perfume brand is Paco Rabanne =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Red lips are always a good idea once the holidays roll around. I'm sure the Essence lip liner will come in handy then :D

      Delete
  4. I love Catrice and Essence's mouth pencils, they're cheap and very good. :)
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is really so good. Especially when the quality is impressive!

      Delete
  5. Great haul, and those perfumes! Love the pastel lavender polish!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely nail polish and nice haul :-D

    ReplyDelete