Tuesday, March 14, 2023

testing out vaseline lip therapy (colour + care)


There are many brands on my radar. Vaseline is not one of them. Whenever I think about Vaseline, my mind is instantly transported to this giant tub of petroleum jelly that used to live under the sink in my childhood home. I remember hating the smell with a passion. There was nothing worse! Despite that, the time has finally come for me to do a review of some Vaseline products here on the creation of beauty is art. The brand actually has a lot of different items these days, beyond that classic petroleum jelly. For instance, the Lip Therapy line. Over the holidays, a friend gifted me this Colour + Care set, which included three different tinted lip balms. Since lip balms are a must for me always, the idea of a colourful and hydrating lip balm was certain intriguing. How did the Lip Therapy line perform? Which colours stood out? Here is everything you need to know.


This Colour + Care set came with three different tinted lip balms: Mellow Rose, Blooming Pink, and Kissing Red. According to the brand, the products are designed to moisturize, nourish, and add a hint of colour to the lips. The products are formulated with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to smooth and soften, include Shea Butter and Manuka Honey for a healthy glow, and provide a "sheer wash of colour." All of that sounded good (except for the petroleum jelly part) so my expectations were somewhat high. The products came in simple dark blue packaging and the balms themselves have a pleasant fruity scent. 


In terms of the colours, Mellow Rose was a very subtle rose-peach. Blooming Pink was a soft and easy to wear pink. Kissing Red was the most pigmented of the three and was a dark red colour. The colours themselves are really pretty. There was a nice variety and all of the colours are really flattering. There is just enough colour payoff. The balms are low maintenance and add a nice subtle hint of colour. That being said, the moisturizing and hydrating aspects were not quite as impressive. Though the Lip Therapy balms glide on well enough, it seems that no moisture is provided whatsoever. This is the kind of product that I would normally wear a lip balm over...which kind of defeats the purpose. These Vaseline lip products fail to deliver on all the claims.

Though my history with Vaseline is not necessarily the best (that darn petroleum jelly)...I still wanted these tinted lip balms to perform well. A tinted lip balm in these colours is exactly what I am looking for. The colours are great and the scent is fantastic. Unfortunately, these are not hydrating at all. The Vaseline Lip Therapy Colour + Care products did not meet expectations. 

Have you tried anything from the Vaseline Lip Therapy line? What did you think of the products?

18 comments:

  1. Lip balms are a must for me too,and if they're colored is even better!
    Didn't know this brand but these sound good enough and the colors look all very very cute!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I really love the plain Vaseline but that's crazy that these do not provide moisture whatsover! Wut!?!? That's the whole point of lip balms. Too bad coz the colours do look great on you!
    Thanks for the heads up on this, Shannon.:) Saved me the trouble of trying it:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? It was so bizarre. I love the colours and the idea of the product, but it just didn't check off all the boxes.

      Delete
  3. Interesting and valuable review. Everyone grew up with Vaseline in their homes; most of our mothers used it for all kinds of things. I didn't know they made related products. P.S., I found your blog from a comment on Ann's blog and was instantly attracted to the name of your blog -- I've long contended that female "beauty" is, indeed, art. And I'm coming from a fine art background with that assertion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think every home had a tub of Vaseline somewhere! It was a staple and probably still is! Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by <3

      Delete
  4. Hearing you on the giant tub of petroleum jelly instantly springing to mind when thinking of Vaseline, which is definitely not a brand that's on my radar :-)
    And a product that calls itself lip therapy and isn't hydrating at all? That's a definite no-no! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Glad it's not just me! Right? Definitely disappointing!

      Delete
  5. They look pretty. Thanks for your review. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutze ich unheimlich gern, gerade in der kalten Jahreszeit. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice balm, I need a new lip balm.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of them all, but I think "Kissing Red" is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete