Thursday, May 13, 2021

shop my stash: too faced life's a festival eyeshadow palette

Makeup is self expression. It is art. It is creativity. Lately? Makeup is also one of the few things that makes me feel normal. At this point, it has been a year and two months since my entire world turned upside down. No more seeing friends, no more travel, shopping trips, movies, concerts...nothing. I am someone that prefers to stay in. So, the fact that I am feeling stir crazy says an awful lot at this point. The pandemic fatigue is real! Thankfully, there is always makeup. This is one of the best parts of my day. I like to spend the morning working, do a workout before lunch, shower, eat, do my makeup, and then continue on with work. The makeup part is my favourite. Since I'm not going anywhere or seeing anyone, each makeup look is just for me. I can reach for different palettes and random products. I can get creative or do something simple and neutral. It is the best possible stress reliever. More recently, I decided to reach for one of my all-time favourite eyeshadow palettes. 

To start it all off, I used the Pur Rose Gold No Filter Blurring primer and a bit of the L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation. Then, it was time for eyes! The Too Faced Life's a Festival Eyeshadow Palette seemed to be overlooked by a lot of beauty gurus at the time of its release. Which is a real shame! Honestly, this is in my top five favourite eyeshadow palettes ever. It is so unique, so versatile, and so easy to use. There are bright colours, neutrals, and even a few holographic eyeshadow shades. In the past, I have created a lot of bright and colourful looks using this particular palette. But recently, I decided to do something sort of in the middle. I used a combination of the two pink toned shades (Young & Free and Rainbow Life) on the middle and outer portion of the eye. Then I used some a shimmery metallic (Euphoric) on the inner portion of the eyelid. To add in a little extra colour, it was a bit of that deep purple shade (Funtasy) smudged along the lower lash line. 

Finishing off the eye look was a bit of the NYX Epic Ink eyeliner and the Smashbox Super Fan Mascara. The latter is a sample that I am using and it is incredible. I really love how easily it lengthens the lashes. On the cheeks was the Wet n Wild blush, Mello Wine, which has also been a favourite lately. It is warm and really easy to wear. On top of the cheeks, I used the Unicorn Tears highlighter that was included in the Life's a Festival eyeshadow palette. It has a beautiful iridescent finish. To complete the look, it was a bit of the Hard Candy Velvet Mousse lipstick in a soft pink shade. 


It wasn't the most dramatic makeup look ever...but it brought me a small sliver of joy. And these days? Those small moments of happiness are what I cherish most. I read a statistic the other day that said an estimated 63% of women were wearing less makeup during the pandemic. While I can certainly understand the reason for this, my makeup use continues. It is my escape. 

Shopping my stash has been an awful lot of fun. I've been able to rediscover old favourites and put to use some absolute must-haves in my collection. This is certainly a wonderful time to get creative. 

Have you tried any of these products? How are you staying creative during the pandemic?

10 comments:

  1. Amazing look, you are stunning *_*

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to play around with this eyeshadow palette!

      Delete
  2. This look is lovely on you! The pink looks so good on your eyes :)

    I only really wore makeup to the office before everything so I'm not wearing it at all - tinted sunscreen is it for me, sometimes BB cream. I don't really have makeup skills so it's not something I was good at or enjoyed being creative with honestly! haha! I admire others who are more skilled than I am :)

    Hope you are having a good day :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Tinted sunscreen sounds just perfect. Sunscreen is the most effective beauty item! I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot =) Oh yes this pictures is really beautiful =) My mum and me like skylines so much, they're pretty nice.

    Great post, this Too Faced Festival palette is so beautiful <3 I love the packaging and the shades. Your make up look is so cute, perfect for spring and summer =)

    ReplyDelete