Thursday, May 27, 2021

disney week: makeup nostalgia (storylook eyeshadow palettes)

Declutters happen. Beauty products don't last forever and every now and then, it is important to look through your collection and move on from anything that is well past its prime. Despite all of the declutters that have taken place within my own collection...certain nostalgic eyeshadow palettes remain. Like the Sephora Storylook Eyeshadow Palettes themed around Cinderella and Ariel. According to my very old blog posts about them....one was released in early 2013 and one was released in early 2014. Though they haven't been used in years and years, I cannot seem to part with these Disney-themed products. Ready to take a trip down memory lane? The latest post in this Disney theme week is all about these beloved palettes. 

It is hard to believe these are seven to eight years old. I can still remember receiving them. I can still remember using them. I can still remember all of my favourite shades. The Sephora Storylook collection included more than just eyeshadow palettes. There were also fragrances (the Cinderella release can be seen in my Perfume Collection video), compact mirrors, and brushes. In addition to Cinderella and Ariel collections, there was also a Jasmine inspired release. I really wish that one had been added to my collection....but I can still remember the display being totally empty at Sephora. It was so upsetting! But thankfully, the Cinderella and Ariel eyeshadow palettes brought an awful lot of inspiration and joy to my makeup collection for a very long time. Even now, I love to look at them every so often. It makes me smile to remember. 

As you can see from all of the photos in this post....these palettes were absolutely beautiful. From the shade selection to the packaging, everything was just right. I love that the Ariel palette was overloaded with blues, greens, and turquoises. Not to mention some wearable metallic shimmers and beachy tones. The Cinderella palette on the other hand, included lots of warm neutrals, soft blues, and greys. Both palettes had versatility in terms of the finishes and shades. Yet they didn't forget the theme! The packaging is really beautiful and looks just like a storybook, with a luxurious velvet case. That tray of eyeshadow shades can actually be removed and the packaging can be used to store jewellery or other odds and ends. These are without a doubt, some of the best eyeshadow palettes that I have ever had the privilege of owning. The packaging is so special, the outer design is stunning, and the shade selection is perfection.  

Nostalgia is powerful. All of the memories associated with these Sephora Storylook Eyeshadow Palettes are so meaningful to me. It is wonderful to remember who I was at that time. Who I wanted to be. How I imagined my life would turn out. Makeup isn't just makeup. It tells a story...even after it stops being used.

Did you own these Disney eyeshadow palettes? Is there any makeup that makes you nostalgic?

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, the cases really look beautiful! So ethereal and lovely...

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really are beautiful! No wonder I still have them after all this time! Thank you so much for your comment <3

      Delete
  2. Bom dia minha querida amiga. Esses produtos fariam sucesso aqui no Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you have kept them perfectly fine after so many years!

    My Blog: Bisma Rauf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes this was really delicious =) I loved it so much.
    Thanks a lot =) Of course, I share everything with my mom =) Thank you.

    Great review, this palettes look so beautiful =) I love the packacking and the shades =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades are beautiful and I agree the packaging is lovely, I'd be keeping this for the great packaging alone, what pretty palettes!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure! I can't seem to get rid of these because they are just so beautiful!

      Delete
  6. Yes it is true makeup does not last forever I have a whole bagful that I do not know what to do with, but ooooo how fun in this palette! Love it!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable! It is hard to move on from makeup when you feel such an attachment!

      Delete
  7. the colors are strikingly beautiful! love it

    ReplyDelete