Saturday, May 29, 2021

disney week: current disney+ favourites

There are an awful lot of streaming services out there. More than any one person could possibly want or need. Though there are far too many in my own home (five currently...ack!) certain streaming services are must-haves. For me, those non-negotiable streaming services are Netflix and Disney+. The latter has it all. There are classic Disney cartoons and full-length movies. There are also iconic Disney Channel Original Movies. Not to mention lots and lots of original material. Though I haven't had as much time as I would like lately to narrow down my continue watching list....there are a few things that have made me smile lately. On that note, here are some of my current Disney+ favourites. 

Though there is a seemingly endless amount of content to watch on Disney+...these are some of my current favourites on the streaming platform. There are two TV shows and two movies. As you can see from this list, my taste is heavily rooted in the 90s. And I am totally okay with that! Let's take a closer look at some of those favourites.

  • Smart Guy. It is impossible to fully explain how much I love this show. My brother and I used to watch re-runs of Smart Guy on Family Channel. For years. We even have inside jokes related to some of the episodes and quote them often. ("Gooooo!" and "Did somebody call for Roofer Man?") Now that it is on Disney+, it has been nice to watch them all over again. There are so many great episodes. The cast is fantastic, the episodes make me laugh, and there is a lot of heart. This is a classic 90s sitcom that never gets old. 
  • Blossom. Another show that I have been watching a lot is Blossom. I have always been a huge fan of this show. When I was growing up....I wanted to be Blossom so badly. I even had my own little collection of wacky hats! The first two seasons are on DVD and are in my collection. Unfortunately, they didn't put out the rest of the series for me to purchase. On a happier note, the full series is now on Disney+ and I have been working my way through it. My crush on Joey Lawrence continues to this day. And yes, I still want to be Blossom.
  • Moana. There are a million Disney movies that mean something to me. But one that has managed to become one of my all-time favourite Disney movies? Moana. I am obsessed. I don't even want to know how many times I have seen this movie. But it has to be well over 100. No joke. I love the music, the story, the characters, and well, everything. It is a comfort movie and something that I turn to over and over again. 
  • Man of the House. With so much available on Disney+, it is sometimes difficult to see everything that is on there. Recently, I was scrolling and saw Man of the House (starring one of my first loves, Jonathan Taylor Thomas). I was so excited that I actually squealed out loud. This was one of my favourite movies growing up but I was never able to find it to purchase on VHS. (I realize how old that just made me sound.) So, I would rent it from Blockbuster over and over again. Being able to watch it on Disney+ has made me so ridiculously happy. The rollerblades, the walkman, the plot...everything was perfectly 90s. I am sure I will watch this movie a lot more in future. 

There you have it! Some of my current Disney+ favourites. There is so much to choose from, but lately, I have definitely been turning to television shows and movies that feel comforting and wholesome. Thank goodness for Disney. And speaking of Disney, this post wraps up Disney Week here on the creation of beauty is art. Sound off in the comment section below and let me know what you thought of these themed posts.

Do you have Disney+? What have you been watching lately?

7 comments:

  1. My nephews loved Disnep movies :) thanks for your sharing, greetings from Turkey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Disney + for our family movie night each week! Sometimes we turn to Netflix but often it's a Disney one we watch - the kids and I love them! Moana is a firm favourite here!

    I did watch the making of frozen 2 documentary, that was a good one, but other than that I haven't watched any myself other than the movie each weekend. I really need to find time to go through it and build a watch list - my Netflix watch list is already so long though with no time to watch it, haha!

    Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally makes sense! It is wonderful that Disney+ exists for movie nights with the family! I know what you mean about the watch lists. My lists keep getting longer and longer. There's just not enough time!

      Delete
  3. I am loving Disney+ and most recently the marvel series as well as Cruella!! Thank you for sharing your favourites
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh how exciting! I haven't seen Cruella yet but I really want to. It looks awesome!

      Delete