Saturday, May 15, 2021

sephora sample review (skin care and perfume)

Sephora visits are rare these days. Not just stepping foot into a store (which seems like a distant memory at this point) but even ordering online. Since the start of the pandemic, my shopping habits have decreased significantly. This is because my shopping habits are more in line with the Ariana Grande lyric: I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it. If I don't actually see something...I don't want it. Since I am not exactly seeking out anything in particular, this has curbed my shopping habit. Though, a few months ago, I did place an order with Sephora for some essentials and one additional item. Along with that order came a few samples. So, I thought that I would share some mini reviews on the included items. 

  • Glam Glow Youth Potion Collagen Boosting Peptide Serum. This Glam Glow serum claims to target dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, and loss of elasticity. Since a full-sized bottle costs $84 CDN....it is unlikely that I will ever be able to see the long-term results. However, it was nice to have a sample to try. It has a nice scent and feels pleasant on the skin. I did notice after using the sample that my skin looked brighter and had a refreshed glow. While I can't speak to the anti-aging claims, this was an enjoyable product to use. It didn't irritate my skin at all and left it looking better than it did before. 
  • Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment. Another Glam Glow sample! The Super Mud Clearing Treatment is actually something that I have tried once before. The product claims to deal with skin imperfections and also refines pores, mattifies the skin, and clarifies. It has a price tag of $77 CDN, so this is another product that will not be incorporated into my regular routine. However, this is a product that seems to work well. My skin felt really smooth afterwards. The mask does feel tingly while the product dries, but in the end, it was all worth it. My skin felt really nice and refreshed after using the Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment
  • Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette Roller Ball. Perfume is always a good idea. I especially love when it doesn't cost me anything. This little roller ball from Versace is the perfect item to store in a purse or take away during travel. (Assuming we can get back to travelling one of these days!) Bright Crystal is a lovely floral scent with a hint of musk. It is light, fresh, and easy to wear. I love that it is suitable for either daytime or evening wear. Bright Crystal can be worn any time of year, but it seems ideally suited for the spring and summer months thanks to all of those florals. I have really been enjoying it so far this season. 
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? 

20 comments:

  1. I love samples product but in a Turkey, Sephora doesn't give samples product ...thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty cool to test this product =) Yes it works good but for this price I prefer coffee and energy drinks :D
    Oh yes I love mint and this item is so perfect for transport my food to the balcony <3 :D

    Great sample review =) The glow serum sounds pretty well, also the mud clearing. I like roller balls when I travel, so I don't need to spray it in front of other people :D Just using it on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes, same. Rollerballs can be so nice to have for travel!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome =) Absolutely.

      Yes it's so rainy, feels like autumn and not like spring :D Oh that's nice from you, thanks. I hope that too =)
      Thank you very much =) I love this colour too.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of those products yet. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review dear :) i love your reviews because they are professional and passionate. I know the products but I haven't had the chance to try them out :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! Your comment totally made my day! <3

      Delete
  5. Boa tarde minha querida amiga. Obrigado pela matéria e produto maravilhoso. Obrigado pela visita e carinho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is always nice to try out different things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice you got the samples to try even if the full price ones are too expensive to buy! :)

    I find the same - I can spend so little when I'm home most of the time, but when I'm out at the shops I always find more than I intended too making its way into my basket, haha!

    Hope that you had a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Glad it's not just me! It is always harder to say no when it is right there in front of you! Thank you so much. I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well <3

      Delete