Friday, May 21, 2021

testing out a charcoal skin care set

One of my beauty-related resolutions for the year had to do with skin care . It is true what they say: Consistency is key. However, consistency is often an area where I struggle. That is why skin care sets and kits are always really useful. Having a handful of different products to reach for can really simplify the process. A while back, my husband gifted me a charcoal skin care set. It included a number of different skin care products: face masks, a cleanser, and even wipes. Keep reading to find out more about the products included in this set and how each one of them actually performed. 

First thing is first....what was actually included in this charcoal skin care set? The set came with the following items: 

  • Skin Care Headband 
  • Purifying Facial Cleansing Wipes with Charcoal 
  • Charcoal Facial Cleanser
  • Purifying Charcoal and Witch Hazel Bubbling Facial Sheet Mask
  • Detoxifying Charcoal and Ivy Extract Mud Face Mask
  • Purifying Binchotan White Charcoal and Sage Oil  Purifying Sheet Mask
  • Detoxifying Bamboo Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Bubbling Mud Face Mask

Talk about a lot of variety! There was a really nice range of products included. From traditional cleansers to masks and face wipes. There are a lot of ways to pamper the skin. So...let's break it down. How did each of these items perform? The Skin Care Headband is made from a soft, towel-like fabric. It is a great way to hold back the hair and a handy item to have on hand. It was nice to see it included! As for the Purifying Facial Cleansing Wipes with Charcoal, these claim to gently remove makeup, oil and impurities. The wipes themselves are thick and black. Though the packaging says these are gentle, they aren't really. The wipes are an excellent way to cleanse and exfoliate the skin. However, they are a little too abrasive to be used for makeup removal. 

The Charcoal Facial Cleanser claims to remove oil, dirt and makeup. It also states that it will reduce the appearance of pores. As someone with large pores on my nose...this is a must-have for me. The cleanser has a gel-like consistency and is jet-black in colour. The smell is shockingly fresh and pleasant. It smells really light and clean! Since I have fairly dry skin (with the exception of my nose), I wasn't sure how this would work for me. I will say that it works really well on my nose. As for the dry parts of my face, this leaves my skin feeling a little tight. I have to moisturize immediately after and only use it a few times per week. I haven't noticed a significant change in the appearance of pores on my nose, but like all things, consistency is key. I plan to continue using this Charcoal Facial Cleanser to start seeing those results! 

Now to talk about all of those masks. I absolutely love that this set included a bubbling sheet mask, a regular sheet mask, a bubbling mud mask, and a regular mud mask. It is a nice amount of variety. Plus, each mask contains different kinds of charcoal and different additives for extra versatility. All of the masks worked well and left my skin feeling smoother and healthier. They also addressed pores....so these masks were winners all around. It was a bit different using the bubbling face masks but certainly fun to try out for myself. My favourite of the four was definitely the Purifying Binchotan White Charcoal and Sage Oil  Purifying Sheet Mask. It smelled absolutely amazing and was really easy to use. 

All in all, this charcoal skin care set was a winner. I love the variety of products and the fact that they really focus on cleansing and addressing pores. The latter is certainly something my skin care routine has been needing lately. Though it isn't always easy to be consistent with skin care...these items are simplifying the process. 

What skin care items have you been loving lately?

12 comments:

  1. I didnt know this brand's product:) thanks for your review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's really cool to get 3 products, perfect for sharing with family and friends =) I think this will be delicious. Oh yes I have to make banana bread with it <3

    Interesting post with nice skin care products. I don't know this brand but this sounds all nice. The masks would be my favourite ones =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I absolutely love face masks, too. They are such a nice way to feel pampered!

      Delete
  3. it's great that there was a full set of different products to try and that you noticed a difference with them! I've tried charcoal masks before and really liked them but the one I bought was discontinued and I haven't found another similar one since sadly :( It's great you have a full range you love!


    Hope you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is such a letdown. Why is it whenever you find something amazing and worthy of repurchasing...it always ends up discontinued?? I hate that!

      Delete
  4. Everything looking very nice! Thanks for the information! Have a great weekend my friend! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well :)

      Delete
  5. I never before didn't try charcoal like an igrediant in products but these look great. Enjoy using them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard about this brand. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete