Monday, May 31, 2021

monochromatic makeup: warm peach (feat. drugstore and high end)

The pandemic drags on and on....and my makeup routine has changed significantly as a result. Before the pandemic, I had a handful of quick and easy looks ready to go that were suitable for work. (I would let my creativity take over when it came time for blog posts, videos, or nights out.) Now that I am working from home? It gives me a bit more freedom to experiment and have fun. I like to take a bit of time out of each day to dig through my makeup collection and reach for products that need a little love. Maybe something I haven't reached for in ages or something in particular that calls to me. Honestly? It has been a lot of fun to use and enjoy even more of my makeup collection. 

Fairly recently, I reached for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eyeshadow Palette. This is one of the least used palettes in my collection due to the inconsistency. (Read more about that in my full review here.) I wanted to intentionally put it to use on a semi-regular basis to really make the most of the less-than-stellar palette. Then...ta da! The shade Roxy in the Subculture Palette is actually what inspired the idea to create a monochromatic makeup look. That warm peach colour was so beautiful. And it was exciting to create a look around one singular eyeshadow shade. 

I started to reach for other warm peach coloured items from my makeup collection to round out the look. In the end, the some of the products used included the following: 

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eyeshadow Palette (Shades Used: Dawn, Roxy, and Fudge)
  • Kylie Cosmetics Pressed Blush Powder in We're Going Shopping
  • Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Highlighting Trio in Cruisin' the Coast 
  • Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick in Alley Cat
The monochromatic makeup look was pretty simple. I used Dawn (a neutral matte beige) all over the eyelid as a base. Then added Roxy (that warm peach shade) all over the eyes to achieve that stunning colour, and a bit of Fudge (warm brown) through the crease for a little bit of depth. A bit of eyeliner and mascara finished off the eyes. Then it was some of the Kylie Cosmetics blush on the cheeks and a bit of the warm peach coloured highlight shade from the Baked Highlighting Trio. To finish it all off, I added that warm peach lipstick on the lips. Take a peek at the end result: 


Want to take a closer look at this monochromatic makeup look? Find out how it was all put together? My latest YouTube video is all about this warm peach inspired creation. Be sure to take a look and let me know what you think...


Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of this monochromatic makeup look?

19 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot =) Yes the white chocolate raspberry drink is really delicious =)

    Great review, this products look nice. I love your make up look, you look beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was really fun reaching for all of those warm peach coloured products!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome =) Oh yes peach is a beautiful colour.

      Thank you very much =) It was really delicious, sometimes it was more healthy than other times but I like this way to eat =) Oh thank you.

      Delete
  2. Oh very casual makeup
    Really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used these products but I love the orange color of your makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect everyday look. Thanks for sharing!

    Bisma Rauf / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Yes, it is very warm and wearable!

      Delete
  5. The peach colour is beautiful on you! :) It's nice you have been able to enjoy and experiment more with your makeup with the pandemic - I have so rarely wore mine as I really only wore it to the office before and I've only gone back into the office a handful of times!

    Hope you had a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I think a lot of beauty routines have changed during the pandemic. It will certainly be a shift when/if things return back a sense of normality.

      Delete
  6. This look is awesome, I love it! Peach colour suits you ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you make something not-too-stellar look fab:) This look is great...looking gorgeous, Shannon. Thanks for sharing the vid. The Roxy is such a great shade, and definitely something I would wear for everyday. I wanna try that Smashbox mascara as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It isn't always easy...but I like to make the most of the products that I've purchased. Even if they aren't amazing! The Smashbox mascara is a definite winner.

      Delete
  8. you really make peach colors stand out! great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. The makeup is very beautiful. It suits you!

    ReplyDelete