Wednesday, May 19, 2021

2 looks 1 palette: too faced watermelon slice palette


It is no secret. If you read my last blog post about the Too Faced Watermelon Slice Palette, you already know that I am head over heels in love with this fabulously fruity release. The breakaway palette includes three face products as well as eight eyeshadow shades in a variety of finishes. The theme is an awful lot of fun and the quality is impressive. Lately, I have been putting this palette to good use. So....I wanted to share a few different looks. That's right, it is time for a 2 looks 1 palette post. One makeup look is neutral and suitable for those every day events. The other look is a little more colourful. 

Look #1: Warm and Neutral Glam


The first look included in this 2 looks 1 palette post is something ultra easy to wear. It makes use of those neutral shades....but kicks it up a notch. To start, I used the medium brown shade, Melon Me, to build the crease. Then I applied that champagne shade, Water-Mellow Out, all over the lid. I blended out the shape with the cream colour, Melon High Club. That same shade was also applied to the inner corner. Then, to add a bit of depth, I used the plum colour, Wine and Rind Me, along the outer corner and on the lower lash line. A bit of eyeliner and mascara finished off the eyes. On the cheeks, I used the bronzer, Melon-Dramatic, as a blush and layered the the highlight, Dressed to Chill on top. I ended up reaching for a brown-toned lipstick to bring all of those warm neutrals together and create a polished but laid-back makeup look. 

Look #2: Melon, Melon, and More Melon


There are an awful lot of beautiful eyeshadow shades included in the Watermelon Slice Palette. However, one stands out among the rest. The gorgeous melon coloured shadow, One in a Melon, is by far one of my favourite eyeshadow shades this season. I love it! So...I made it the focal point of this more colourful creation. I used Melon Me through the crease again and popped a bit of Water-Mellow Out in the inner corner for an extra pop. Then it was Melon High Club applied over the base of the lid. Essentially, I wanted something totally neutral to allow the melon colour to really pop. Then it was One in a Melon packed onto most of the eyelid. I used a very small amount of that black shade, So Seedy, just to deepen the crease and make the look a little more dramatic. So Seedy went along the lower lash line with One in a Melon acting as a pop of colour in the center. Eyeliner and mascara finished off the eye look. Then on the cheeks, it was all about that blush shade! Melonaire was used liberally on the cheeks to bring in more of that oh-so-fabulous melon colour. I kept it simple on the lips with a tinted gloss to make sure the rest of the makeup look really popped. 

It has been really exciting putting the Watermelon Slice Palette to use. These are a couple of the recent makeup looks that I put together using this whimsical beauty item. Be sure to let me know in the comment section below which makeup look you prefer. Is it warm and neutral glam or melon, melon, and more melon? Don't be afraid to sound off.

Have you tried this Too Faced palette? Which look do you prefer?

17 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun palette and you created great looks with it! beautiful colours of eyeshadow for you! :)

    Hope you're having a great week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth a try. You look so beautiful and you wore the colours well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! The packaging is very cute and your makeup is so sweet 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pallet. I like the colors...kisses

    https://www.itsmeioannes.site/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It is so cute and really great for this time of year!

      Delete
  5. Oh yes it's really amazing =) Thanks a lot <3

    Wow this palettes are so cute *-* I love watermelons so I would buy this too :D I like your make up looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool palette!!! So fun!
    have a great weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete