Wednesday, May 5, 2021

love it or leave it? nicky hilton rothschild

Over the years, there have been numerous posts on the creation of beauty is art. dedicated to Paris Hilton. Thanks to her bold style and countless business ventures...there has been an awful lot to write about! But her sister, Nicky Hilton Rothschild is equally stylish and well-known. Recently, she was seen out on a coffee run in New York City wearing an eye-catching outfit. It immediately caught my attention thanks to the print and accessories. Was it a love it or leave it? Keep reading to find out. 


What I Love: There is an awful lot that I love about this look. The sunglasses are really cute and I adore the oversized look. Then there is the dress. The shape of the sleeves is especially beautiful and the length of the dress is pure perfection. What I really love, is that the dress looks effortless but is still ultra chic. It looks comfortable but still has a shape and definition. Then there is the print! It is lovely and adds an undeniable dose of whimsy to an otherwise sophisticated daytime dress. Something else that makes the love list? Those black ballet slipper flats. I know some people are anti-flats these days (I've recently seen posts calling out flats as being "too 2010s")...but I love them. They are comfortable, classic, and go with just about anything. 

What I Loathe: Honestly? Some of the accessories are a bit of a miss for me. Normally, I love layered necklaces, but these layered necklaces don't stand out at all. They almost get lost in all of that pattern! Then there is the purse. While I think the handle is really cute (it looks like wood or bamboo) and the size of the bag is wonderful for a daytime errand...there is something about that purse that I truly cannot stand. I think it is because it looks exactly like a travel toiletries bag. The material and rounded corners make me think that she has stashed all of her essential travel items rather than a wallet. It is not my taste whatsoever and is a real missed opportunity. 

All in all, this look is a bit hit and miss. I love the sunglasses, the dress, and the shoes. But the layered necklaces and the purse do not work for me. Though it is a close call...I am going to say this is a love. Mostly because that dress is a total standout. 

What do you think of this outfit? Love it or leave it? 

7 comments:

  1. Love it for me! I agree the dress is effortless chic, what I don't like is the flats.

    Take care, dear!
    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a great dress! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this outfit!

      Delete
  2. This drink is really delicious, I love it so much =) So fruity and perfect for summer. Try it, I'm sure you will like it too.

    Great post =) I like Nicky Hilton even I like Paris more :D This outfit looks interesting, I don't like dresses which are this long, I like them short or long to the ground. But she looks pretty cute in it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely makes sense. Having the right length can make a big difference to the overall look!

      Delete
  3. Yes! I really like it too. It is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete