Wednesday, March 24, 2021

love it or leave it? kylie jenner

The 90s haven't been this popular since....well....the 90s! Everything old is new again. For the last couple of years, 90s fashion has slowly been making its way back into popular culture. First it was choker necklaces, then it was relaxed fit denim and more recently, the bucket hat made its triumphant return. This was most recently seen on the one and only Kylie Jenner. She shared her 90s inspired outfit on Instagram and out to a recent lunch in Beverly Hills. While some people are all about these throwback styles, other are totally over the rehashed trends. What do you think? Is it a love it or leave it?


What I Love: Maybe it is because my childhood was spent enjoying 90s fashion....but I do have a weakness for all things 90s. So, the contrast of the tight printed top and the ultra loose denim is fabulous. Add in those chunky shoes and this outfit is pretty close to perfection. I also love that tiny white purse that matches those squeaky clean white sneakers. The look is a simple but effective throwback. Kylie's long hair and natural glam makeup is just the cherry on top. It adds to the look but doesn't take away from everything else that is going on. There is an awful lot to love.

What I Loathe: There isn't anything that I loathe necessarily. There are a lot of successful aspects of this particular look. However, the bucket hat. Though I can totally understand why the bucket hat is coming back in style (everything seems to come back into fashion at some point or another)….I don't love this hat. There is something just a little bit off. Maybe it is the size of the hat or the texture. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the hat doesn't wow me. 

So...love it or leave it? For me, this is a love. There are a lot of really cool elements and it makes me happy to see these throwback styles. It seems that there will be even more old school looks in future. Good American recently launched Good 90s - a 90s inspired denim line. Perhaps the easiest way to embrace the future of fashion is to look to the past.

What do you think? Love it or leave it?

22 comments:

  1. I don't like hat but style is seems cool :) greetings from Turkey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this look!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and interesting article! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of 80s fashion, but 90s fashion is not bad too! I like choker trend and bucket hat, although I am not sure I can wear them nicely :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 80s fashion can be a lot of fun as well! There is something so special about those times in fashion.

      Delete
  4. This looks so cool!Wonderful and Lovely Post dear! xoxo
    Allurerage 
    Thetrendybride 

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my style! I love 90s fashion look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave it, sorry ahah
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boa tarde, a matéria ficou maravilhosa, parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes this is really neat =) I'm happy to test some delicious drinks on saturday =)
    Thanks a lot for your compliment =)

    Oh I love Kylie Jenner, she is a really fashion victim =) Her style is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't know much about her!

    ReplyDelete