Thursday, March 18, 2021

mini reviews: avon x the face shop

Avon has always been around. In fact, can still remember digging through my mom's vanity when I was a kid. Nothing excited me more than those teeny little lipstick samples from Avon. They were so colourful! So fun! My love of makeup was born in those moments. Perhaps it is because of those memories that Avon will always have a special place in my heart. Of course...it was nice to receive a few Avon products over the holiday season. I have been putting them to use since then. Ready to find out what they are? How they perform? Keep reading for some mini reviews. 


Avon recently released a collaborative line with The Face Shop. The line included a number of skin care and beauty products. My mom treated me to a few that she thought I would like, which included the following:

  • Avon x The Face Shop Flat Velvet Lipstick in the shade Cassis Red
  • The Therapy Oil-Drop Anti-Aging Facial Serum
  • The Therapy Oil Blending Cream

All of the products were totally new to me. My experience with The Face Shop is extremely limited (I tried a few of their products about five years ago, which you can read about here). I've also tried lots of Avon products over the years. But these items in particular were totally different. It is time to find out how they perform...

Flat Velvet Lipstick in Cassis Red. First up is the Avon x The Face Shop makeup product. The Flat Velvet Lipstick is quite unique and has a flat, square shape. The bottom of the tube twists up to reveal more product. That square shape is unusual but makes it so much easier to apply the lipstick just right. It really speed up application time! The colour itself is a rich berry red. (Since red lipstick can be a little more difficult to apply...that flat, square shape is especially useful.) The lipstick looks beautiful, has nice longevity, and is quite comfortable on the lips. All in all, it is an impressive formula with a clever form of application. 

The Therapy Oil-Drop Anti-Aging Facial Serum. Next up is the facial serum. According to the brand, The Therapy is an anti-aging cosmetic line that embodies a two-century old European natural blending method from Le Marche, Italy. Sounds fancy, right? But what does the serum actually do? It claims to improve skin condition. The oil comes in a small squeeze tube and has a noticeable floral or perfume scent. The smell is pretty strong, so if you aren't a fan of scented skin care, this likely won't be for you. It is quick and easy to apply and leaves the skin feeling pampered. As for the improving the condition of my skin...that is a tall order. As with all skin care items, only time will tell.

The Therapy Oil Blending Cream. Rounding out these mini reviews is the anti-aging cream that is intended to be applied after the facial serum. First thing is first: this smells exactly like the facial serum. So once again, if scented skin care products are not your cup of tea, this isn't a line that I would recommend. As for the cream itself, it does a decent job of adding hydration to the skin. It feels comfortable and didn't cause any irritation. Whether or not it will actually help me in the anti-aging department, it is hard to say. But I like thinking that it will. Fingers crossed!

When it comes to beauty and skin care products, it is always nice to try out different products. Out of the three, my favourite has to be that lipstick. The colour is lovely and the application tool is really thoughtful. The skin care items are working well so far. Hopefully they deliver noticeable results in future. 

Have you tried any of these products? Are you a fan of Avon or The Face Shop?

20 comments:

  1. I hope it will help you keep you skin as beautiful as it looks. I am not a fan of scented skin care products (and I am not a big fan of scents in general, I don't even wear perfume), too bad I was interested. I like serums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people don't like scented products (I personally don't mind unless the products don't smell nice) but companies continue to add fragrance!

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear! Love your blog and content, so interesting. I heard for Avon Face Shop but still didn't try, I will in the future for sure.

    I'm following your blog now.
    You can check my blog, would love to have you as one of the followers, also we can follow on Instagram. :)

    Blog: PhD Lady
    Instagram: @phdlady

    Have a nice day,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support! I will definitely take a look :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot =) Oh yes the Huda Beauty lipgloss looks so beautiful, I love pink lips. I love them all =)

    Great review, this products look good. The Avon lipstick has a nice colour =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) Oh yes I love unicorns and chocolate, so this is perfect for me :D Maybe I buy me a 1, then I can make N1 - this is the shortcut of the festival Nature One =)

      Delete
  4. The lipstick sounds lovely and these are great sample sizes! it's a shame Avon is no longer available here in Australia!

    Hope that you are having a nice weekend :) It's a busy one here!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! I keep forgetting that they aren't available there anymore. Thank you so much! I hope your busy weekend was a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  5. I have always like Avon nail polishes but not shopped in a long time :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've tried one of their nail polishes in ages! I remember liking them though!

      Delete
  6. I love Avon products:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. AVON is a brand I keep seeing as those who have very good products, but never heard of this one! The squared tip is something that speeds up my makeup routine significantly as I don't have to worry about applying my lipstick unevenly. The skincare products seem interesting as well. <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that square tip on the lipstick. Such a smart idea!

      Delete