Friday, August 19, 2016

new in: forever 21 accessories

Khloe Kardashian rocking a nineties inspired choker.  

Honestly? I was a little hesitant to get on board with the choker necklace trend. There is one simple reason for this. I have been there done that. Back in my elementary school days....everyone wore chokers. They were plastic and stretchy and an absolute must have accessory. I remember feeling so cool whenever I put on my black plastic choker. It even had a ying yang symbol hanging off of it. (Remember, this was a very long time ago. Long enough ago that ying yang symbols were also the epitome of cool.) Unfortunately? I do not have particularly fond memories of my time in elementary school. I was bullied, teased, and torn down every single day. Not exactly a time and place I like to think back on frequently!

So when I saw the resurgence of choker necklaces....I was suddenly transported back to those days of yore. It was not a pleasant experience. Which is why I was so willing to forgo the trend altogether. Until a recent shopping excursion. I was perusing the wall of accessories over at Forever 21. Then I saw it. The most beautiful pair of choker necklaces ever. They immediately caught my eye.

My new favourite accessories. Choker necklaces from Forever 21.

Talk about gorgeous. What do I love about these necklaces? What makes them so special? These were no ordinary necklaces. And they certainly weren't made of cheap plastic. The combination of the two pieces together is unexpected and bold....and the fact that they can be worn separately as well is an added bonus. I love the velvet band on the first choker. It is reminiscent of the 90s but the pendant gives it a great modern twist. Then there is the second necklace. That pendant just called to me. I love the unique design and the combination of shapes and details. It is a stunning piece that simply begs to be worn.

Yes. I was hesitant about the choker trend. At first it brought back not so fond memories. Now? I have fallen in love with a couple of gorgeous accessories from Forever 21. They are beautiful enough to make me re-think my no-choker stance,

What do you think of these pieces? Have you embraced this trend?

xo Shannon

7 comments:

  1. I've been resisting the choker trend, but lately I've been really wanting one! Can't wait to see how you rock this.
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very cute darling! Super pretty
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I loved chokers back when I was little, but seeing them come back I never really gave them a second thought. And then I also went to Forever 21 and saw all the many chokers they had and I was like "wow these really are back!" I still haven't given them a go, but I really like the one you picked out. So different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I am not really a fan of choker necklaces but I bought myself a black tattoo bracelet last year. It is from the same stretchy material and it's one of my favourite jewellery at the moment. :)

    P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete