Tuesday, March 30, 2021

ciate x miss piggy (love moi lip balm review)


 "I am who I am. Why can't you accept that about me?" There is no doubt about it. Miss Piggy is iconic. She is confident, talented, and never settles for less than she deserves. Not to mention, she is totally fashionable. I think we can all learn a thing or two from this beloved Muppet. Especially now that she has a collaboration with Ciate. Yes, there was a whole collection of beauty products inspired by the icon herself. This collection blends two of my obsessions together: makeup and Muppets! Fun fact: I have a serious love of all things Muppet related. These unforgettable characters have been part of my life for as long as I can remember. At this point, they feel like family. So, imagine my surprise and delight when my sister gifted me the Ciate x Miss Piggy Love Moi Lip Balm. Want to find out how it performs? Here is everything you need to know.


Talk about a fabulous theme. When it comes to themed beauty products....I am all in. They add a wonderful sense of fun and whimsy to a lot of different makeup releases. This collaboration with Ciate absolutely focused on theme. The outer packaging came in a classic Miss Piggy pink and there was a close up of Miss Piggy's glamorous eye makeup on the side. Perfection! As for the lip balm itself, it came in a sturdy pink tube with raised lettering on the side. The tube has a nice weight to it and feels ultra luxurious. It also has a magnetic closure, which adds to the overall thoughtfulness and ease of use. Inside, a classic Miss Piggy quote is printed: Who? Moi? and the actual lip balm has Miss Piggy quotes printed on it. Talk about adorable! It was so cute that I actually felt a little guilty using it. I didn't want to ruin all of those adorable printed quotes.

However, it would be a total waste not to use the product. So...despite how fabulous the theme was....it was time to put it to use. According to the brand website, the pink lip balm is supposed to have a donut scent. (Which again...so on theme!) Unfortunately, it does not. Though there is a very subtle sweet scent, it certainly doesn't smell like donuts, and is only noticeable if you are seeking out the scent. That being said, the lip balm itself is really hydrating and nourishing. I am super picky when it comes to lip balms but this actually works really well. It feels comfortable and has decent longevity. Bonus? This has a soft pink tint as well. It won't add a ton of colour to the lips but it is nice to have that subtle dose of Miss Piggy pink. 

Overall, this is a really impressive product. The theme is so fun, the packaging is thoughtful, and the product itself is effective. I only wish it had that donut scent that the website described! Ahh well....you can't win them all. 

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Have you tried anything from the Ciate x Miss Piggy collection? Are you a fan of the Muppets?

17 comments:

  1. Oh yes this products are pretty interesting =) Thank you. Ok I will update you :D

    Nice review. This lip balm looks cute and sounds pretty well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there were another comment from you, sorry :D

      Thank you =) Oh that's really cute from you, I'm giving my best :D Yes I don't have to work on Easter but on the days before, between and after ^^

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I need to try this 🤩

    Have a lovely day 🐰 🌿

    Shades of Silvie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! Your review is so positive that i want to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a useful item to have. And super cute as well!

      Delete
  4. That looks nice. I remember when Ciate released this collection, was suprised there were no polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you are very right! Polishes would have been so excellent!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! How could I have not known about this awesome collection?!?!? Thanks for the heads up, Shannon:) Love Miss Piggy, and great to know that the lip balm is awesome. Great review as always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I hadn't heard much about it either. And I love the Muppets! Thank you <3

      Delete
  6. Bom dia minha amiga, obrigado pela dica maravilhosa.

    ReplyDelete