Gwyneth Paltrow said it best. Many people have theorized what beauty is (and how to achieve it) but I think the basics are pretty simple: feeling good and unleashing your kick-ass side. Red lipstick is certainly one way to go about this. See, it is not just a type of makeup or a pretty shade to wear....it is a tool used to boost self confidence and assert your power.
On a normal day, I do not automatically reach for red lipstick. Largely because it is a little more finicky than a natural pink or even a bright purple. That being said....certain occasions call for a bold red lip. Valentine's Day is just such an occasion. The big day is coming up quick, so take this opportunity to raid your makeup collection and unleash your inner bad-ass. Need a little inspiration? Look no further. These are my top 5 favourite red lipsticks. Just in time for the holidays!
L to R: Kat Von D in Underage Red, Joe Fresh in Brick, Kat Von D in Nosferatu,
Cover Girl in Peony, and Flower Beauty in Red-dy To Bloom.
As you can see from the picture above, there is a pretty decent variety here, in terms of colour, finish, and price range. Let's take a closer look at my top picks!
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Underage Red. This is without a doubt, my favourite red lipstick ever. The colour is bright, bold, and ultra flattering. It is a great way to add a pop of colour that isn't too over the top....but cannot be ignored. Every time I wear this shade, I feel ready to take on the world. And that is the power of a good red lipstick!
- Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick in Brick. The next shade on my list is easily my most worn red lipstick. This brick red shade is a little more on the brown side and is a great alternative to a brighter red colour. It is perfect for a night out or if you want to go a little sultry with your makeup look.
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipsick in Nosferatu. I am definitely a big fan of Kat Von D liquid lipsticks (and Kat Von D products in general) and this shade has quickly become one of my favourites. It is a deep red colour that is deep and vampy. Another example of how many different ways there are to wear red! What I love most about this is the formula. It lasts for ages and doesn't fade.
- Cover Girl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Peony. This one is an oldie but a goodie. Sadly, this line is discontinued, but their Smoochie's gloss balms are similar and work really well. However, this shade in particular is my absolute favourite on the go red lip colour. Why? It adds a noticeable wash of red but doesn't require constant touch ups. It's a throw it on and go kind of product. That makes wearing a red lipstick easier than ever.
- Flower Beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Red-dy To Bloom. Oh, how I love lip crayons. These are so so easy to apply and use. This shade in particular is a bright bold red but the formula is super hydrating on the lips. It has more pigmentation than the Cover Girl Gloss Balm but less than say a Kat Von D shade, so it is a great in between lip product.
Do you wear red lipstick? What are your favourite shades?
Kat Von D Underage Red and Nosferatu are my favourite red too. Another red lispstick I love is the HD lip tint n.31 Inglot and the lip stain from Sephora n.01ReplyDelete
The 3rd one is my fav! :)ReplyDelete
That's the correct definitionReplyDelete
Adorei ver seu top 5 de batons vermelhos!