Wednesday, February 1, 2017

good things come to those who sweat.


I tried. I really tried. At the end of 2016, I was desperate to maintain a sense of balance. Especially over the holiday season. My goal was to workout a couple of times a week and practice some (some being the key word) level of moderation over the Christmas and New Years festivities. Well, I can honestly say that did not happen. Time was limited, I felt unmotivated, and plates of chocolate cookies kept calling my name.

The good news? A new year means a new start. We are officially into February now....but January was the perfect motivation to get myself back on track. The strangest thing was how much I wanted to get back on track. Just before the start of the new year, I found myself craving salads and vegetables. Even stranger, I actually missed my workout DVDs. Who would have thought? It seems everything was perfectly aligned: my motivation returned.

This past month has been a little rough on me. After not working out for a while, it was much harder than anticipated to get back into it. Not time wise but in terms of the workouts themselves. I found myself completely exhausted and sore, day in and day out. Finally now, I am starting to feel like my normal self again. Though I don't always crave a hard workout....it makes me proud to know that I am putting in the work.

Just in case you need an extra dose of inspiration today, here are a few pictures and quotes to keep you motivated this month.


How are you staying motivated?

xo Shannon

5 comments:

  1. Am loving this post.Am currently trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle but its hard beacause i have a sweet tooth.
    Just thinking of the body i want to have is what is keeping me motivated
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this post couldn't have come at a better time! I'm definitely inspired to get back into the game! Let's do this!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good inspirations!
    Xoxo,
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete