Thursday, February 16, 2017

good things in life are better with you.


Valentine's Day is most commonly associated with romantic love. But if this year has taught me anything, it is that many different types of love make the holiday special. As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband was working the night of the 14th. That put a wrinkle in my dream of an unforgettable celebration. Turns out? I shouldn't have worried about a thing. This wound up being my best Valentine's Day ever.


It all started on Monday night. I went to my parents house to visit, as usual. Only nothing about it was normal. The house was decked out in red, with hearts everywhere, and cute stuffed animals piled on the couch. There were decorations, stacks of girly movies, and a bag full of gifts just for me. My mom and I spent the evening making Valentine's Day jewellery, crafting, playing board games, listening to the soundtrack for La La Land, and baking cookies. We had a blast. The only downside was that time passed by too quickly.

Before I knew it, I was back at the apartment. But then my husband surprised me with a heart shaped box of Turtles, a box of cookies, and an adorable stuffed giraffe. Since he does not care for the holiday this was an especially wonderful surprise.

The next day - Valentine's Day - my best friend dropped by my work so we could exchange Valentine's Day themed gifts. I was so overwhelmed by her generosity and it made the day feel so much brighter. That night, I ate a ton of candy hearts and watched one of my favourite movies, He's Just Not That Into You. 


This was definitely a Valentine's Day to remember. There is nothing better than giving (and receiving) love. The holiday is a wonderful reminder of that.

How did you celebrate Valentine's Day this year?

xo Shannon

15 comments:

  1. I was working and studying in Valentin´s Day
    Cute post
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items Dear:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww those are so cute! You are so lucky to have a mom and husband who are very loving!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  4. The items are geat

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    Please let me know on my blog and I will follow back as soon as possible!

    Have a lovely day!
    Sabine - lilyfields.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all of those staff:) follow;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post honey!
    please checkout my recent post on luna by foreo!
    http://www.sadeestyle.net/2017/02/personal-skin-care-with-luna-facial.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear! wow what beautiful gifts you received!*-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You received some really nice gifts and a lot of love :) I spended my Valentine's Day watching 50 Shades of Darker with my boyfriend :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete