Sunday, February 26, 2017

FOTD: sunset inspired makeup


One of my favourite things? Spending hours getting ready for an event. It doesn't matter if it's a movie date, a get together with friends, or a night on the town. The process of getting ready is electric. It is also a luxury I do not experience all that often these days. Typically, I am rushed off my feet and desperately trying to throw a look together. Not this time. For the first time in ages....I was able to spend hours upon hours doing my makeup, curling my hair, and picking an outfit that made me sparkle. I felt like a million bucks. For a while, anyway.

On this particular day, I was lacking inspiration. So I decided to comb through my makeup collection until something called me. Lately, I have been really loving my Naked Cosmetics set because of the intense pigmentation when applied wet and the staying power. Since this was going to be an afternoon to evening event, I needed something that was both long lasting and bold. Ultimately, I chose a green-tinted gold and a burnt rust shade. The two shades together reminded me of a sunset.


The gold shade was applied on the centre of the lid and the rust shade on the outer corner and through the crease. I pulled the look together with a shimmery champagne shade in the inner corner (from Bare Minerals) and a matte taupe shade from my Smashbox  Matte palette. Then it was a bit of winged out black eyeliner (Gosh Cosmetics), mascara (Rimmel Rockin Curves), a peachy bronze blush, and my brand new Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Khlo$. Speaking of Khlo$....you can expect a full review of the KoKo Kollection shortly!

Overall, I was super happy with the way my makeup look turned out. It was fun to branch out, do something different, and enjoy the process.

What do you think of this makeup look?

xo Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks amazing! I love to getting ready to go somewhere too! Lovely photos ❀

    * Blog de la Licorne *

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very beautiful eyes and the makeup)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makeup its beautiful just love it!
    http://bygretts.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this so much!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete