Friday, February 10, 2017

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.


I won't lie to you. Things have been challenging lately. Every time I open a newspaper or go online, I am bombarded with negativity and hate. Day after day, it is the same. Rights are being taken away, families are being ripped apart, and terror has gripped the hearts of many. (Thankfully, there are also stories of strong individuals fighting against evil. That gives me hope. That keeps me going.) With so much pain and devastation in the world, it has become all too easy to feel powerless. Overwhelmed. Sad. Lost. But there is one very important thing to remember in the days, months, and years to come: we are not powerless.

Though my blog is primarily related to makeup, fashion, and beauty, it is important for me to express how I feel about the world. Having an outlet for these emotions of mine helps keep me sane. I only hope that these sporadic political posts inspire you too....and let you know that you are not alone. So, today I wanted to share some of the quotes that give me comfort. They have been lifting my spirits and giving me some much needed inspiration. And inspiration is the fuel that keeps us fighting.


Which quote is your favourite? How do you stay inspired in dark times?

xo Shannon

4 comments: