Monday, February 20, 2017

inspired by: sabrina carpenter thumbs music video


Remember when music video premieres were a huge deal? You'd wait with baited breath for the latest offering to hit your television screen. Then you'd spend the next several months hoping it would be played over and over and over again. During that time, you would desperately attempt to memorize every lyric, every glance, and of course, every outfit. In fact, a lot of times...you'd try to re-create the look for yourself. Ahh, the good old days. Now? Music videos are uploaded to YouTube without much fanfare. You can watch it whenever you like and as much as you like. Things have certainly changed.

Since there is less fanfare about music videos these days, they tend to be simpler. Generally speaking, there are lower budgets and lackluster fashion. It has been a while since a music video actually inspired me, made me pause, and most importantly, made me want to re-watch. Then Sabrina Carpenter (you may know her from Disney channels Girl Meets World or a number of other Disney offerings) posted her new music video for "Thumbs."

It blew me away. Sure the concept was simple and there was one lone outfit worn throughout the video. But there was no denying the fact that "Thumbs" was something special. The song itself was catchy and the lyrics were thought provoking (it is truly a remarkable time when a Disney channel starlet is singing about finding your life's purpose and stepping away from the expected). It spoke to me on those levels. Sabrina's outfit also spoke to me. It was simple but edgy, and exuded power. In short....I loved everything about this music video.

Which is why I decided to come up with my own re-creation of her look. This is a set that I created - but you can easily put your own twist on the ensemble. Wear black on black, then add on your favourite bold silver accessories.


Inspiration is a wonderful thing. Sometimes? It catches us off guard in the best possible way. That is exactly what happened with Sabrina Carpenter's latest music video. It made me feel.

What do you think of this outfit? Share your latest inspirations!

xo Shannon

13 comments:

  1. I don't know this singer but I think her style is wonderful! I love the chocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, music video premiers! I remember spending so much of my time watching music videos. They're art! I actually am so in love with this outfit. I love all the black, with the subtle pink. Sometimes too much pink or red with a black outfit is excessive, but not this one. this inspires me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! It's very me!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!
    The outfit is so cool and you look gorgeous :D
    KIsses
    xx

    xx

    https://thathappymess.com/blog/2017/2/20/surprising-benefits-of-drinking-tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great entry, I love your blog !!! happy day!!!
    💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  6. This girl may be really young, but she has edge. It's great to see her look like this, that outfit is spot on! :D

    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this style! So gorgeous. x

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice collection dear..
    XOXO
    Top rated coupons by Fivestarcoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to buy the pieces you've put together, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete