Wednesday, February 8, 2017

re-discovered favourite: mariposa eyeshadow


Lately, I have been focusing my attention on two main objectives: de-cluttering and using more of what I own. Which is how I found myself digging through a stack of barely used makeup. I had picked up a bunch of Mariposa eyeshadows from the dollar store a while back (because my addiction to testing makeup does not begin and end at Sephora), swatched them, and put them aside to use properly. Only I never did. Until now!

This particular Mariposa set immediately caught my eye. I loved the rich warm shades and was eager to see how they performed. So, I created a makeup look using the shades. Honestly, I was blown away by the soft texture, the pigmentation (excellent...especially when you consider the price), and end result. I was seriously loving the look this palette created. In fact, I was already dreaming of the many ways I would use these shadows again.

Then disaster struck! My perfect re-discovered palette slipped off of my shelf and shattered everywhere. The next ten minutes were spent scrubbing burgundy shadow off of white tile. Ahh well....at least this little palette brought me a moment of joy. And one seriously stunning makeup look. It was also a reminder that it can be a lot of fun to use things already in my collection instead of searching for whatever is shiny and new.

Thankfully, I took a picture of my completed makeup look. Be sure to let me know what you think of it....


This Mariposa palette definitely exceeded my expectations. The quality was fabulous - and the price was even better. For just two dollars, I was able to create a beautiful makeup look. What could be better than that? It just goes to show....you don't need to spend a ton of money to get your glam on.

Have you tried dollar store makeup before? What are your re-discovered favourites?

xo Shannon

11 comments:

  1. Nice make up https://bysinkj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so beautiful! I want it, but id have to know how to apply it!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Lovely photos ◡‿◡✿

    Do you wanna follow each other via GFC or Bloglovin? Lemme know ♥
    * All Day Cushion by Yadah Review *

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! <3

    VISIT MY BLOG: www.roxyolsen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely make up, sad that it's over!
    have a good weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning! And I can't believe this palette is Mariposa. I've just kinda ignored the line when I go to Dollarama. Will have to really try this out. I remember you saying that the blush is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color of eуe shadow!

    http://lesyagura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete