Monday, November 1, 2021

review: cover girl lash blast clean waterproof mascara


It is no secret that Cover Girl is one of my all-time favourite drugstore makeup brands. I have so many wonderful memories associated with their products! From my first foundation purchase to my beloved The Super Sizer mascara...there is a lot to love about Cover Girl. Though their mascaras can be a little hit or miss, they are always fun to test and try out. Recently, I was able to put the Cover Girl Lash Blast Clean Waterproof Mascara to good use. Ready to find out how it performs? How this mascara compares to The Super Sizer? And most importantly, whether it is worth checking out the next time you are at the drugstore? Here is everything you need to know about this affordable beauty product. 

There are many reasons this particular mascara is intriguing. First of all, the clean formula. Cover Girl claims that this is a clean formula and a vegan formula. With more of a focus on clean beauty products than ever before...this is certainly a selling point. The brand claims that this is also free from parabens, sulfate, talc, and mineral oil. It is also infused with argan oil and marula oil, which is intended to leave the lashes more conditioned. Cover Girl also states that the mascara creates 10x the volume of bare lashes and there is no smudging or clumping. The brush applicator is meant to separate and define the lashes for added length and fullness. This particular clean formula comes in both regular and waterproof. Out of the two, I opted for waterproof. I've been using a lot waterproof mascara lately, because the weather has been so inconsistent . It is nice to have that extra reassurance that whether it is rain or shine...my mascara is not going to smudge, budge, or transfer. 

A lot of online reviews of this Cover Girl mascara praised the natural and clean formula. While that is commendable...I just didn't find that this performed all that well. It all comes down to preference, of course, but this was not my cup of tea. The mascara wand itself is typical for the Lash Blast line, but is honestly too bulky to easily get into the inner corner and cover the lower lashes. Not my favourite! As for the formula itself, this has more of a dry consistency than some others. So, be sure to keep your own personal preferences in mind when it comes to deciding whether or not to try this for yourself. I tend to enjoy a more wet mascara consistency (something that really coats the lashes and takes a minute to dry fully) because it can create a more dramatic and bold finish. The drier formula leaves me wanting more. It feels like I can't quite achieve the length or fullness that I am after. For that reason, this mascara is not my favourite. 

Rating: 2 / 5

The Cover Girl Lash Blast Clean Waterproof Mascara has some good points. It is waterproof and doesn't move throughout the day. However, the formula itself isn't my favourite and the end result doesn't wow. There are certainly preferable alternatives from the brand! While it was exciting to try out this mascara, my favourite remains The Super Sizer. It really cannot be beat. 

Have you tried this mascara? What are your favourite Cover Girl products?

18 comments:

  1. Oh yes this advent calender is pretty cute <3 I love it and can't wait to open the doors :D
    This product is really useful and handy =) Thanks my weekend was nice. Hope yours too =)

    Nice review =) This mascara has a nice design. Really sad that it's not that good as it looks like =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so sad because I wanted to be a Zombie but you're right it's good that I get my money back. Thanks a lot =) I like my look too, the spider web wasn't that easy but in the end I'm happy with the result.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yes, the mascara tube looks great, but it is a shame it doesn't perform as well <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this mascara, but it's sad it's not as good as others from the brand. My favourite mascaras are from Maybelline, L'oreal and Essence ^^
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thankfully there are lots of wonderful affordable options!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any Covergirl mascaras but it's nice they made a vegan one! It's a shame it doesn't give you the results you wanted with it though.

    Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure. I love that they did that. I just wish it performed a bit better!

      Delete
  5. oh sad it didn't work that well. by the way, what mascara would you recommend? budget friendly preferably

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cover Girl - The Super Sizer is THE best mascara I have ever tried. Drugstore or high end! It is just the absolute best ever.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the honest review as always, Shannon. Cover Girl is also one of my fave drugstore brands and that's too bad this one was not great. I'm gonna give that Super Sizer a try next time I go to Shoppers. I desperately need a new mascara!
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday so far:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cover Girl is so great! Honestly, the Super Sizer is just SO GOOD. I buy it over and over again, because it just works so well. Thank you <3

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I hope you have a great week as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find drugstore mascaras to be hit or miss for sure, my biggest pet peeve with mascara is clumping.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely are! It can take some time to find the right product!

      Delete