Thursday, November 11, 2021

skin care sample review: lancer the method (polish)

It is no secret that I am a fan of Candace Cameron Bure. (Her recent Instagram debacle notwithstanding.) Over the years, she has promoted several different products on QVC and often talks about them on her social media pages as well. The Lancer skin care products caught my eye. According to Candace, she has used Dr. Lancer products for years. Given the fact that her skin is incredible and she seems to be ageless...this sure was a selling point. That being said, the products are pricey, and are will likely not be added to my shopping cart any time in the near future. But thank goodness for samples! I recently received a small single sample of one Lancer product. It was very exciting to see that as a sample option when checking out from a beauty website. And so, The Method: Polish sample came into my life. Here are some first impressions. 

Expectations were high. Since I have followed Candace Cameron Bure on social media for ages...I have seen her talk about Lancer products for years at this point. So the bar was certainly set high. The Method: The Polish for Normal-Combination Skin retails for a shocking $100 CDN for a full sized bottle. The 0.17 oz. sample will have to do. For now at least. If you ask me, that is an awful lot of money to spend on just one product. And with The Method, there are three products in total: polish, cleanse, and nourish. No wonder celebrities always have such incredible skin. It costs an awful lot! 

Now to discuss the product itself. This high end skin care product has a thick and creamy consistency and is white in colour. It has a light citrus scent that is quite pleasant and energizing. I used this product early in the morning and it did a good job of making me feel more alert and awake! The product itself was an extremely gentle exfoliant. It felt really nice on the skin. Sometimes, exfoliating products can be really harsh and can bother my sensitive skin, but The Method: The Polish did not irritate at all or feel too abrasive. It was so gentle and pleasant to use. The only downside? It took me several minutes to rinse off the product completely. Since those exfoliants were so teeny tiny...it took a lot of rinsing to remove it all. Thankfully, once the product was fully removed, my skin felt remarkable. Smoother, tighter, and fresher. It definitely worked well.

Is this item still on my wish list? Did it live up to the hype? The Method: Polish from Lancer is without a doubt a stellar product. I love the scent and how gentle the exfoliant was. My skin felt wonderful afterwards and the product did not cause any irritation. I can definitely understand why celebrities like Candace Cameron Bure continue to reach for this high end brand. That being said, it will likely not be included in my own skin care routine any time soon. I just can't justify the $100 CDN price tag for one of the three The Method products. Ahh well...it was fun to test it out at least. 

Have you tried anything from Lancer? What skin care products do you use?

16 comments:

  1. Oh yes this gingerbread syrup is so delicious =)

    Nice review =) This skin care sounds pretty nice but also pretty expensive :D I don't try something from Lancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure. It is too pricey for me, but it was certainly nice to try!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of this brand, I was curious to try it. :)
    Xoxo
    https://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice you got to try something form the brand after hearing about it for so long, even if it was a pain to remove! I agree that's really expensive for skincare, not something I'd splurge on myself - I never know how my skin will react to new things so my skincare is always budget, haha!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :) Thankfully the rain has stopped here!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely makes sense! Certain products can irritate my skin as well, so it is always important to test them out first. Thank you so much! I'm glad the rain stopped where you are <3

      Delete
  4. Nunca testei nada da marca interessante essa postagem flor otima semana


    https://estilopropriobysir.com/produtos-estilo-proprio-by-sir/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying anything from this brand and it was definitely a positive experience overall. Though the price point is too high for me!

      Delete
  5. Very nice review! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful day as well <3

      Delete
  6. I love this, new must try for me!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete