Thursday, July 16, 2020

first impressions: cover girl exhibitionist uncensored mascara


Cover Girl is one of the first (if not the first) makeup brands that ever entered my makeup collection. I can still remember pouring over the shelves of beauty products at the drugstore. It was overwhelming. Despite all of the options available...I wound up going home with a Cover Girl foundation, a single black eyeshadow, and a Lash Blast mascara. Since then? I have continued to use and enjoy a wide array of Cover Girl products. Including my all-time favourite mascara, The Super Sizer. Most recently, the Exhibitionist Uncensored Mascara entered my life. Even though I wasn't looking for a new mascara, part of me was curious about how another Cover Girl mascara would perform. Want to find out how it works? If it performs better than other Cover Girl products? Here is a first impressions review with all the information.


Visually, this mascara looks sleek and upscale. The simple black tube with the gold lettering is understated in a good way. It has an elegant appearance that is a serious departure from the design of a lot of their other more colourful mascara tubes. As for the product claims, this is said to be a volumizing mascara that creates a defined lash look. The Exhibitionist Uncensored comes in both waterproof and regular formulas as well as in four different colours. (I have the Extreme Black non-waterproof version.) The mascara formula includes coconut and Jojoba oils and is said to be smudge and flake proof. Additionally, this is said to be suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers - and last all day long. It has an impressive 24-hour wear time, making this suitable for days when you need your makeup to look good and stay put all day long.


The wand design is different to many other mascaras from the brand. There are a lot of thick bristles that hold onto product well. However, during application I noticed that product tends to hang onto the bottom of the wand. That can make it messy or sloppy if you don't wipe off the excess. (So be sure to remove the excess product for seamless application!) As for my initial impressions of the mascara?  Not bad. This works well on the lower lashes especially. Two coats can make a serious impact and really make the lower lashes stand out. On the upper lashes, this performs decently. It provides a nice amount of length and builds well. If I hadn't tried The Super Sizer mascara....my impressions of this offering would be much higher. However, because I know the brand has a far superior formula, this falls somewhat flat for me. It works well and I will certainly use it up but when it comes to re-purchasing? I'd much rather have The Super Sizer in my makeup bag.

Ready to see the Cover Girl mascara in action? Below is a simple makeup look featuring the Exhibitionist Uncensored mascara in the shade Extreme Black. Be sure to sound off in the comment section below and let me know what you think of the results.


Rating: 3 / 5

Cover Girl has long been a part of my makeup collection and it will continue to be! That being said, the Exhibitionist Uncensored mascara isn't going to replace my holy grail product. It performs well, builds nicely, and has excellent longevity. However, it doesn't deliver the intense lash look that I personally prefer. 

Have you tried this mascara? Are you a fan of Cover Girl?

32 comments:

  1. Me encantó, Me encantó el maquillaje y la máscara de pestañas se ve genial :)

    XoXo
    - Helena Primeira
    - Helena Primeira Youtube
    - Primeira Panos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot =) I hope it too because masks are perfect for wellness at home. Thanks have a fantastic weekend

    Great review =) You're lashes are so beautiful, looks like this mascara does it job very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot =) Oh yes it was really annoying that it took so long but now it's mine <3 :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! Yes, the mascara works decently though Cover Girl certainly has some better options.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, perfect =)

      I'm absolutely with you :D I don't like feet, but they also need good care and this one is pretty nice =)

      Delete
  3. The ffect of this mascara is really natural
    Good review
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I've been using it for those simple everyday sort of looks.

      Delete
  4. Boa tarde. Sugiro um blogue para homens. Você já te um fã no Brasil. Belo trabalho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mascara application on your eyelashes looks natural.
    Suitable for everyday use.

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah, it was okay! It does the job but I don't think it'll be one I look for the next time I'm shopping.

      Delete
  7. Lovely eyes and you look nice
    Hope you are having a great weekend?
    Thank you for sharing
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/07/the-collagen-face-mask-that-gives-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am having a good weekend so far. I hope you are as well!

      Delete
  8. Me encantó el post, gracias por compartirlo. Besos. Te sigo para no perderme nada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not seen such a brand in Poland. Maybe in some other drugstore than the one where I am currently buying cosmetics. I'd like to try it out. When it comes to makeup, I think mascara is the basis :) It gives the best effect :)
    Greetings from Poland <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Mascara is an absolute must! It is so important to find one that works well :)

      Delete
  10. great post
    http://www.ludatischenko.com @luda.tischenko - instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know this brand. But you look beautiful ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete