Tuesday, July 5, 2022

does it work?? ouai detox shampoo

Sometimes, my hair needs a little extra TLC. That has certainly been true lately! I had my hair professionally coloured for the first time not too long ago...and it's definitely been a struggle to keep it looking and feeling its best since then. I've been using colour safe shampoos, lots of conditioners, and masks. More recently? I've been putting the Ouai Detox Shampoo to the test. It is a clarifying shampoo that is designed to clear away dirt, oil, and product buildup. It is suitable for all hair types and is colour safe. Wondering how this performed? Here is everything you need to know about this high-end shampoo.

First thing is first...this shampoo is really expensive. The Ouai Detox Shampoo is $39 CDN on the Sephora website. Yikes! Definitely not an ultra affordable product. Lucky for me, this is something that a friend passed my way after receiving it in a subscription box. (She has a set hair care routine in place and was not certain about adding this detox shampoo into the mix.) So, despite the high price point that the Ouai Detox Shampoo has, I was able to test out this pricey product. 

Now to dig into the claims. This states that it will cleanse the hair, remove product buildup, and add both softness and shine. It has apple cider vinegar and hydrolyzed keratin. As for the scent, this hair care product claims to be rose scented with "hints of bergamot, lychee, cedarwood, and white musk." The brand recommends using the detox shampoo once a week or whenever a deeper cleanse is needed. But the question remains...does it work?

In short, yes. It does! After using this shampoo, my hair feels so much softer and smoother. It is much healthier and easier to style as well. The Ouai Detox Shampoo lives up to all of the claims and is ultra effective. However, there is one significant issue with the shampoo. It smells awful. I definitely did not get any rose scent or any of the other hints! All I smell is apple cider vinegar and it is horrible. (And it lingers long after the hair dries.) Unfortunately, the smell is so strong and off putting that I would never purchase this myself. I will use the bottle, of course, because I do not want to be wasteful, but purchase? No. 

So...does it work?? Yes. It works, but the smell is so terrible, that it is not something that I would necessary recommend. I feel very confident that it is possible to find a clarifying shampoo that is more affordable and smells a whole lot better. 

Have you tried the Ouai Detox Shampoo? What did you think of it?

7 comments:

  1. sounds good! definitely pricey but worth a try. My hair really need some boost lately I am willing to try whatever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that! Sometimes, these products can really come in handy!

      Delete
  2. Good it works but shame about the smell! I donno it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes this is really nice =) Spices are always delicious and under eye gel pads are pretty perfect for wellness at home =)

    Great review =) This detox shampoo sounds pretty interesting. I don't tried out any shampoos since years because I don't have hairs :D And my wigs don't need them, I use baby shower for them =)

    ReplyDelete