Tuesday, July 26, 2022

disney beauty week: mad beauty (sheet eye mask and mirror)


Beauty products often make me smile...especially when there is a little Disney thrown into the mix. As part of Disney Beauty Week here on the creation of beauty is art. it is time to focus on a few items from Mad Beauty. Now, this is not a beauty brand that I am overly familiar with, but based on their website, Mad Beauty focuses on well-known characters and brands. For instance, there are Disney themed products, Looney Tunes items, Star Wars inspired bath essentials, and even Friends inspired things. How fun! I love anything themed, especially when it involves a TV show, movie, or beloved character. Which is why it kind of surprises me that this is my first time trying anything from Mad Beauty. However, I am ready to make up for lost time and Disney Beauty Week seems like the perfect opportunity. Yes, it is time to take a look at the Minnie Mouse themed Cucumber and Green Tea Sheet Eye Mask and the Mulan themed Beautiful Blooms Compact Mirror from Mad Beauty. 


Cucumber and Green Tea Sheet Eye Mask by Mad Beauty. The first item from Mad Beauty is all about the iconic Minnie Mouse. I've been a fan of Minnie and Mickey for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching the cartoons and movies....and never stopped. So, eye masks that were Minnie Mouse inspired seemed like a really fun way to pamper myself and take care of my skin at the same time. There are three sets included (six eye masks in total) and they have that fabulous Minnie Mouse shape and the classic red and white polka dot bow. The design is really cute. That being said, these eye masks are a little bit different to the types that I have used before. Undereye masks? Sure. An eye mask that covers your entire eye? Well, that's a little unexpected. Essentially, you place one set of eye masks over closed eyes and then leave in place for ten to twelve minutes. It took a minute to get used to, but actually covering my eyes sort of forced me to relax and step away from my electronic devices. Maybe it a clever design after all. These eye masks have a light and refreshing scent. Nothing too strong! As for the claims, these masks are meant to soothe and moisturize. It certainly adds moisture to the eye area and is pleasant enough to use. All in all, a fun experience, though I don't know if these sheet eye masks would be worthy of a repurchase. 

Beautiful Blooms Compact Mirror by Mad Beauty. Everyone has their favourite Disney movie. As for me? I have about seven that are tied for first place. Some of the contenders include: Moana, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Mulan, The Princess and the Frog, and Pocahontas. Try as I might, it feels impossible to choose an absolute favourite from that list. They are all so incredible! Since I am such a huge fan of Mulan, this compact mirror is definitely a favourite. I have had it out on my vanity for the last several months. It looks so beautiful and always brings a smile to my face. There is a beautiful fan design, lots of gold, and a beautiful illustration of Mulan on the top. It has a red tassel on the bottom and the fan slides open to reveal a small mirror. This Mad Beauty release is absolutely stunning. Not exactly practical to take around with you thanks to the small mirror design and tassel on the bottom, but this item is a favourite nonetheless. 

Have you tried anything from Mad Beauty? Do you have any Disney beauty items in your collection?

12 comments:

  1. Aww wow, the Mulan fan is so nice and pretty! Such a collectible too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! the mulan mirror is WAY too cute! I am officially obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god. I love that mirror :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used eye masks which completely cover the eyes, and you're right, it actually forces you to relax and take a break from screen time :-)
    The Mulan compact mirror is absolutely gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely difficult to do, but it's nice in a way too, I suppose! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Yes there were many wonderful meals =) Just the Risotto with Shrimps was not good, it was too fishy and the Shrimps had bowels :D

    Great post with cute Disney items =) I love sheet masks, I would try this too <3 So cute with Minnie =) The mirror is also cute, Mulan was my favourite movie in childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool, like everyone else said, the inclusion of Mulan's fan is neat. I like all the little details.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete