Saturday, July 30, 2022

disney beauty week: belle inspired everything


Belle was always my favourite princess. I remember watching Beauty and the Beast over and over and over again as a child. Well, that never really stopped. It is still a movie that I love to watch to this day. The music, the enchanted castle, the beautiful clothes, and the library. Oh, that library is one of dreams. I loved that Belle prioritized reading, cared deeply for her father, knew what she wanted from life, and had no interest in men like Gaston. (Though I confess that the Beast never much interested me either, in either beast or human form.) Belle was never afraid to be true to herself, speak her mind, and learn new things. Since this is the last Disney beauty theme week post, it only made sense to focus on the unforgettable Belle. Take a peek at a new Beauty and the Beast makeup bag that has been added to my collection and my Belle inspired makeup look. 

Belle Makeup Bag from Mad Beauty. Yes, there is one more Mad Beauty item that has been adding lots of Disney magic to my life these days. This Belle Makeup Bag is oh-so-cute. There is an illustration of Belle on one side and then it says "The Belle of the Ball" in pink on the other side. So adorable! This is a fairly small makeup bag, but holds a decent amount of product. It would be perfect to throw into a purse if you have a long day out and know there will be some beauty touch ups involved. Or if you know you need to take your makeup look from day to night, this would also be suitable. It is a nice size for those on-the-go kind of moments. I love the design, the colours, and the fact that it is a really useful item to have. 


Belle Inspired Makeup Look. To end this Disney Beauty Week off right, a Belle inspired makeup look was an absolute must. I wanted to create something that mimicked some of the most visually memorable elements of the film: the yellow dress and the red rose. On the eyes, the BH Cosmetics Optimistic AF Eyeshadow Palette. I had been looking for a bold way to wear that yellow eyeshadow shade and this was the perfect opportunity. The yellow shade was applied all over the lid, with the warm brown through the crease, and a bit of the burgundy on the outer corner. I also added a bit of gold glitter through the crease for a little extra pop. On the lips, I used the Rare Beauty Matte Lip Cream in the shade Inspire. It was a different look for me, but it was also a lot of fun to create. I love that it was inspired by Beauty and the Beast and one of my favourite characters. 

Are you a fan of Beauty and the Beast? Do you have a favourite Disney princess?

18 comments:

  1. This IS a cute bag! My Parisian niece would love this she made her dad take to see the movie 8-10 times LOL. Your makeup turned out so well love the wet look and such a fun color!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It is adorable! Haha, that is amazing! Thank you so much <3

      Delete
  2. The festival was pretty much fun =) I had an amazing time. And thanks for your comment on Instagram <3 :D

    Bella is one of my favourite Disney characters, so this inspired post is pretty nice. I love the cute bag and I love your make up look, so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow eyeshadow is fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really pull off this amazing colour. It's wonderful. <3 /M
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally adored Belle when I was little!
    Such lovely make up bag and so cute result on you!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! She is such a great character. Thank you very much <3

      Delete
  6. I love your Beauty and the Beast inspired makeup. :) Also the makeup bag is cute. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG gorgeous makeup, love it :-D

    ReplyDelete