Thursday, November 10, 2022

new in: kylie cosmetics makeup (eyeshadow palette and lip kit)

It is hard for me to resist Kylie Cosmetics products...especially when I see them in a store. This is still a novelty! For years, Kylie Cosmetics was only available online for Canadians. Even when the brand launched at Shoppers Drug Mart, it was online only. Slowly, but surely, items from the brand have been making their way into stores. A few lip kits here and a few lip kits there...and now there are full blown displays. During a recent stop off at Shoppers Drug Mart, my eyes locked onto one of those beautiful displays and it was gave over. Though I wanted absolutely everything, only two items came home with me: an eyeshadow palette and a new lip kit. Ready to take a peek at these new items? Keep reading for all of the details.


Kyshadow Palette: The Mauve Palette. It is no secret that I have a full blown eyeshadow obsession. There is something about the different eyeshadow colours and finishes that make me happy. Though there were two different Kyshadow Palettes on the display, The Mauve Palette was the one that caught my eye. The colours looked so warm and wearable. Plus, there were lots of different finishes. As you can see from the photo above, there are lots of mattes and shimmers. Though this is called The Mauve Palette, the colours are more coral, pink, and warm brown. (That being said, there is a gorgeous mauve with the shade 90s Vibe.) Personally, I really love the colours in the palette, even if they aren't all that mauve. I also love the quality of the shadows. The metallic shimmers are vibrant and add a gorgeous amount of sparkle to an eye look. Oh She Cute (a shimmery coral) is definitely the standout, but they all perform well. As for the mattes, Burgundy Baby, Mauve Me, and Love To See It are my most used. I love how easy it is to create a beautiful and well rounded makeup look. This palette is small, but mighty, and has become a real standout in my makeup collection. I absolutely adore this stunning eyeshadow set. 


Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner in 505 Autumn Matte. Oh, how I love a good Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit. These became a huge hit for the brand when they first launched and have remained a staple all these years later. Though beauty trends tend to favor glosses these days, I still love a matte lip look. Plus, I really love this liquid lipstick formula. It stays put and looks great! There were quite a few options to choose from on the store display, but I was really intrigued by 505 Autumn Matte. Since I love fall makeup and autumn colours, it was a no brainer. The lip liner applied really smoothly and the liquid lipstick was ultra pigmented. The colour has become one of my all-time favourites from the brand. Not only is the colour unique for my collection, but it is perfect for this time of year. Ready to see these products in action? Here is a recent makeup look featuring shadows from The Mauve Palette and of course, the Kylie Lip Kit in 505 Autumn Matte.


These Kylie Cosmetics products were not necessarily items that I needed, but they are certainly being used often. Not only was it a thrill to see the Kylie Cosmetics products available to purchase in a store, but the products themselves wowed. The Mauve Palette has a great colour story, a variety of finishes, and an impressive formula. The autumn coloured Lip Kit is high quality, lasts well, and comes in a gorgeous colour. Both of the Kylie Cosmetics products exceeded my expectations. 

What do you think of these products? Are you a fan of Kylie Cosmetics items?

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen this brand around here, but as I'm a lipstick addict, I'd definitely try the lip kit if I came across it. From the eyeshadow palette, Mauve Me and 90s vibe caught my eye. I haven't been able to find decent shades of mauve lately. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is really impressive and I love having the two products together! 90s Vibe is such a great eyeshadow colour!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a cool brand, your makeup looks beautiful.❤️
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyeshadow and the lip kit work so perfectly together in the look you created! it's nice you are enjoying these products after them not being easy to get for you for a while.

    Hope you have a good weekend ahead of you :)

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! It's definitely exciting to put them to good use :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you =) I love the Frozen Musical artwork too, so beautiful <3 It was pretty nice =)

    Great review =) I want to try Kylie Cosmetics someday too. This palette looks so beautiful, I love those colours - perfect for everyday and special events. And the lipstick is also nice. Your make up look is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the items I've tried have been really great! The palette is super pretty. Thank you <3

      Delete
  5. Hello dear! my daughter is crazy about Kyle's lipstick and pencil kit! you are always beautiful !

    ReplyDelete