Sunday, November 20, 2022

skin care week: glowoasis milkdew pH balancing milk toner

It is the last skin care week post here on the creation of beauty is art. Though makeup is always my preference (I love the colours, glitter, and drama)...it is important to focus on the skin underneath the makeup as well. So, since my friend gifted me a product from glowoasis, it only made sense to put it to good use. The Milkdew pH Balancing Moisture Milk Toner was intriguing to me right away. I really love the Kylie Skin Milk Toner and was open to trying something similar from another brand. Curious about this skin care product? Here is everything you need to know about the toner.

In terms of the packaging, this feels really luxurious. The glowoasis Milkdew pH Balancing Milk Toner comes in a weighty glass container with a screw off cap. It is luxe but easy to use. All you need to do is apply a bit of toner onto a cotton pad and apply it to dry skin. Since I love quick and easy skin care items, this definitely checks off all the boxes. According to the brand, the toner is a "toner-meets-moisturizer" that has apricot kernel oil, soybean extract, and cica extract. It is supposed to revitalize dull and dehydrated skin - and improve skin texture and tone as well. The toner also has vegan probiotics and prickly pear extract. Not to mention no artificial colors. This is a vegan product and a clean beauty product that is meant to leave the skin looking dewy. 


The glowoasis Milkdew pH Balancing Milk Toner works well. It definitely makes my skin feel hydrated and pampered. It doesn't irritate my skin and applies easily. However, there is the scent to consider. To me, it has kind of an unpleasant and strong odor. Though I am committed to using the entire bottle, it is not a scent that is particularly enjoyable. It lingers and is somewhat overpowering. I love that this is a clean beauty product, that it is vegan, and that it is both a moisturizer and toner. There is a lot to enjoy! That being said, the scent is not ideal, and I don't find this toner works any better than my Kylie Skin Milk Toner. In future, I will stick to the Kylie Skin version. It is a comparable price ($29 CDN versus the $34 for glowoasis) and works. 

Have you tried anything from glowoasis? Share your favourite toner in the comment section below!

22 comments:

  1. Hola, muy interesante este producto. Tienes razón hay que cuidar la piel además de maquillarla. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely important to take care of the skin as well! Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
  2. What a shame about the strong scent ... I love that it comes in a glass bottle, though, that would definitely be a plus for me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know this product. Thanks for your review. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thank you. I hope your week is wonderful as well <3

      Delete
  4. I donno the brand. A strong scent isn't great if you don't like it. Some scents just give me a headache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! If the scent isn't good, it being too strong is just a recipe for disaster!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know the brand, but sounds interesting!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. A strong and persistent scent would be a problem even for me, despite the goodness of a product.
    Ad it's a pity since this product sounded pretty good!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for sure. When the smell is too strong, it can really impact whether a product is good or not.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading your review. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  8. TBH, this is the first time I'm hearing of this brand. Thank you for the heads up on this, SHannon, and for the honest review (as always). I'm not too sensitive when it comes to smell, but yeah....I don't like it when the scent is strong on a skin care, you know?
    I hope you're having a great Monday so far:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I agree with you. I don't often love highly scented skin care products. Thank you! I hope you're having a great week <3

      Delete
  9. Oh yes this advent calender looks so cute and luxurious =) I hope that too but I think it will be pretty nice <3 :D Thanks, I love this advent wreath. Looks so classy
    I love Christmas markets with all the lights there and the delicious drinks & food <3 :D Yes after two years of reduced Christmas magic, this year will be much fun. Thank you =) Oh that's so nice, I have to travel to Canada right now for the snow :D

    Great review =) This pH balancing milk toner looks beautiful, I love the packaging. It sounds pretty great but it's not so good if the scent is too strong and persistant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is so pretty and luxe! I just wish the scent wasn't there.

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this brand before! it's a shame it's so overly scented though -I don't like that in skincare products unless it's body moisturiser, haha!

    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Less scent is better for skin care products! Thank you. I hope your week is going well <3

      Delete
  11. never saw this brand before. Love the new stuff. It's a shame the scent is strong, I wish there were more products with whatsoever odor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! It would be so much better if the products didn't have strong scents.

      Delete