Tuesday, November 8, 2022

fab or fail? essence hello, good stuff (3-in-1 face mist)


Life can be hard, so sometimes, it is nice to have a skin care item that is easy. That is why I love sprays, mists, and all-in-one items. Lately, I have been using a face mist from Essence an awful lot. The Hello, Good Stuff! 3-in-1 Face Mist, to be exact. With a watermelon scent and 90% natural ingredients, there is a lot to like right off the bat...but how does this product actually perform? Keep reading to find out if this affordable skin care item from Essence is fab or a total fail. 


First thing is first. What is the Hello, Good Stuff! 3-in-1 Face Mist intended to do? According to the brand, this spray can be used to moisturize the skin, refresh the skin, and keep makeup in place. It has a "light, fresh, and very pleasant fruity fragrance," and it is made up of 90% natural ingredients. It contains no parabens, silicones, mineral oils, or microplastic particles. This is clearly a cleaner face mist than many others on the market. Since there continues to be a shift towards more natural products and clean ingredients, this drugstore skin care release makes a lot of sense. 

So, is this a fab or fail? Well, it falls somewhere in between. There are some pros and cons to consider when it comes to this Essence spray. Let's start with the good stuff (pun intended). The spray is light, refreshing, and smells wonderful. I confess that I love watermelon scented items, so this was right up my alley. That being said, if watermelon is not your favourite scent, you may want to steer clear of this face mist, because it is all watermelon! The Hello, Good Stuff! 3-in-1 Face Mist leaves my skin feeling pampered and refreshed, so it certainly lives up to the hydrating and refreshing claims on the bottle.

Now for the cons. I'm not sure if it is just the bottle that I have, but the spray itself is inconsistent. Sometimes, the product sprays in a nice, fine mist, but other times, it clogs and doesn't spray at all. Again, I don't know if this is a problem across the board or if it was a one-off issue with my bottle. Unfortunately, this makes the experience a little bit frustrating. Another con has to do with the "fix" part of the 3-in-1 claim. While this sets the makeup a bit, it is certainly not comparable to other setting sprays that I have used in the past. It is better than nothing, but does not lock in makeup for a full day. 

Fab or fail? The Hello, Good Stuff! 3-in-1 Face Mist from Essence is a bit of both. I really enjoy the watermelon scent and the fact that this spray refreshes the skin throughout the day. Sadly, this isn't exactly my new setting spray of choice, but given the affordable price point and the focus on clean beauty, this is certainly something worth considering.

Have you tried the Hello, Good Stuff! 3-in-1 Face Mist? Are you a fan of Essence products?

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried this product, but considering the prices of Essence, basing on your review, sounds pretty accettable, isn't it?
    Personally I'd try it if I have the chance
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure! I love that essence products are really affordable.

      Delete
  2. Oh I have not tried this product
    Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Unfortunately, I do not know this product. If I could, I would try it :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence has a lot of great products. If you see any, there are a lot that are worth trying!

      Delete
  4. I have seen this product in our local stores but haven't bought or used it. I have used a couple of Essence products though and generally find them good value for money. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree that they are good value for the money! I especially love the brow pencils and blushes!

      Delete
  5. Good to finally read some honest review on Essence skincare. I honestly really like essence as a brand. I think they have some really really good products, such as contour kit, brow gel, nail polishes or even mascaras. Honestly i haven't tried any of their skincare products. I don't know if i would like this one mainly because of the scent (not a huge watermelon fan) but kinda curious what else they have to offer.

    xx Alexandra z π•„π•Š π”Έπ•ƒπ•Žπ”Έπ•π•Š 𝕃𝔸𝕋𝔼 / INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like essence as a brand as well. There are some really stellar products. The skin care item was new to me, but it was interesting to test out. If you don't like the smell of watermelon, this would not be ideal for you, but they might have some other products worth trying!

      Delete
  6. Very interesting product review.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete