Saturday, November 12, 2022

my first time visiting the retro festive store.

Is it Christmas yet? Okay, maybe not, but my mind is already focused on all things festive. This is without a doubt, my favourite time of year. Admittedly, I am a bit of a Christmas addict. I watch holiday movies all year round, listen to instrumental Christmas music while I write, and find myself browsing the holiday subreddit in the middle of summer. There is something so special about all things seasonal. From the decorations to the movies, food, and traditions...I love it all. Perhaps this is why my favourite online store is Retro Festive. This is a Canadian run business that focuses on holiday, retro, and popular culture items. Not only does this store have all the things that I love most, but it is also located within Canada. Since things normally cost a fortune to ship here (and take forever to arrive) it is an absolute delight to have something nearby. Items usually arrive within a day or two and the prices are all in Canadian dollars. Hooray! Needless to say, I place several orders there each year. 

During the holiday season, Retro Festive opens up a warehouse store, where shoppers can purchase items in person. I have wanted to visit the in person store for several years...but it is a bit of a drive for me. However, my husband knows that I absolutely Christmas and Retro Festive, so he recently offered to drive us there. It was so exciting. A little adventure to a holiday themed store? Yes please. Though the drive was a long, it was totally worth it. It is still November, but I wore a Christmas sweater to the store and a pair of cute holiday earrings. It only made sense to fully embrace the experience. 

Once we got to the warehouse store, it was totally overwhelming. There was stuff absolutely everywhere! Funko Pops, socks, stockings, candies, villages...not to mention every imaginable item related to the holiday classics, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. In terms of shopping, I wanted to buy absolutely everything in the store. It is hard for me to resist holiday things! However, I was on a bit of a mission. I wanted to find some Christmas gifts for my loved ones. There was an awful lot to choose from and it wasn't difficult to find items that my friends and family would enjoy. 

What came home with me? There were some gifts for my loved ones, of course. This included a Christmas ornament for my sister, some Seinfeld merchandise for my brother, a Friends lunch bag for my friend, some Disney items for my mom, and a few stocking stuffers. As for me? There were an awful lot of things that I would've loved to take home. Unfortunately, these types of items can add up quickly. Since I am trying to be mindful about my spending heading into the holiday season, only a few things were brought home for myself. That included a Jingle All The Way Funko Pop, a Muppets book, and a Bubbling Night Light. The latter is because I have decided to do a little retro/vintage section in my living room this Christmas. Generally speaking, I don't have a theme when it comes to decorations. I just put the stuff that I like all over the place! But I wanted to dedicate a small area to some of the retro inspired items that I have already...and add a few more into the mix. I haven't decorated yet, but when I do, these items will make sure I am ready for all of the fun and festivities. 

All in all, it was an exciting experience at Retro Festive. Since I am such a huge fan of the online store...it was extra thrilling to be in a physical shop with all of that seasonal merchandise. It definitely got me in the holiday mood. 

Have you ever shopped at Retro Festive? Are you starting to prepare for the holiday season?

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty nice store, well furnished and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely store. And that's a huge compliment, as I'm not really a Christmas person, only getting into the spirit come December. We do have a pop-up Christmas shop here in Antwerp, it opened at the end of September already ... I haven't been inside yet but I'm sure it's not nearly as nice as your Retro Festive store! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I hope you're able to visit the pop up shop and enjoy it once December comes!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes I love holiday themed items too =) Both bath products are so cute, love the reindeer and the pinguin <3 :D
    This food was really delicious, I love mexican food <3 At the beginning I wanted 2 calendars and now I have 4 :D Of course I will show the items inside.
    Did you see my Food Diary from friday? I know you like to see my food <3 :D

    Oh wow this retro festive store looks so fancy, I want to visit it too :D
    I love Pop characters, I have some of them like Olaf from Frozen or some from World of Warcarft and Overwatch. Oh Kermit and the muppet show, reminds me of my childhood <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fabulous! It is hard to resist Funko Pops, because they are all so cute. Yes, the Muppets reminds me of my childhood as well. I just love them!

      Delete
  4. OMG that sounds like my kinda place :-D

    ReplyDelete