Tuesday, November 22, 2022

first impressions: revolution lift & define 5D lash extra dimension

Some people love a bold statement lip. Others are all about show stopping cheeks. For me? The eyes are everything. Though I love a beautiful lip colour and a gorgeous blush to pull a makeup look together...the eyes are always the main focus. I feel most creatively fulfilled when there are different eyeshadow shades and finishes involved. Then there is often lots of contrast with black liner and mascara. To this day, my favourite mascara remains The Super Sizer from Cover Girl, but every now and then, I have the opportunity to test out something different. (Friends and family members are well aware of my makeup obsession and often gift me makeup for birthdays and holidays.) For instance, the Revolution Lift & Define 5D Lash Extra Dimension Mascara. Curious about this lengthening drugstore mascara? Keep reading for all the claims and a first impressions review.

Before sharing my initial thoughts on this Revolution product, it is important to review the brand claims. According to the website, the Lift & Define 5D Lash Extra Dimension Mascara has been called the best mascara from Revolution. It is designed to lengthen, lift, define, and add volume to the lashes. The colour is listed as "super black" and described as jet black. Additionally, the mascara is infused with hyaluronic acid to rebuild weak lashes. There seems to be a lot of love for this affordable mascara...but how did it perform for me? First of all, it is important to talk about the packaging. Though mascara packaging is always standard, this particular mascara clicks into place when the cap is screwed back on. This means it is less likely to dry out unnecessarily. That is a nice detail. As for the wand, this is long and thin with fairly tiny bristles. It is ideal for the lower lashes and inner corner area. Basically anywhere that can be tricky to reach using a fuller mascara wand. 

As for my first impressions, the Revolution Lift & Define 5D Lash Extra Dimension Mascara is impressive. The wand makes it really easy to apply product to the lower lashes. However, it is just as easy to apply the mascara to the upper lashes. Everything about application is quick, easy, and precise. I love the quality of the packaging and the fact that the cap clicks into place. I also am really impressed by the length that this adds. It makes a notable difference and creates long and fluttery lashes. This doesn't clump at all and results in a really pretty and separated lash look. The overall finish is wonderful. The only downside would be the lack of volume. This claims to add volume to the lashes, but I did not find that to be true. Length? Yes. Volume? Not so much. That isn't to say that this mascara isn't good. It is actually really good. It just means that this is not something that I would reach for if a more dramatic look was desired. This definitely suits a daytime or everyday makeup look. 

Have you tried the Revolution Lift & Define 5D Lash Extra Dimension Mascara? What did you think of the product?

14 comments:

  1. Although the lips are definitely my thing, I'm forever on the lookout for great mascaras, so thank you for your review. They do sell Revolution products at my local drugstore, so I think I'll be checking this one out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa noite minha querida amiga. Obrigado pela resenha e dicas maravilhosas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has the most amazing eye lashes ever! I hope when she gets older she keeps them! I don't know this product, but I have some Revolution polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so lucky! I haven't tried any Revolution polishes, but I do like some of their other products.

      Delete
  4. I'm still struggling to find that one perfect mascara, thanks for this review! It's gonna be pretty useful for when I decide to try something new. <3

    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! It can be hard to find that perfect mascara!

      Delete
  5. Yes this was really frustrating and I don't understand the order from their shipping. But now I have it and I'm happy :D The packaging is so cute, I love it. I hope that too =)

    Great review about this lift & define lash product =) A good quality of packaging is also important. It's super nice that it doesn't clump. A nice length sounds good but no volume is a little bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a pretty good product for me to try as well. I am always looking for a new mascara, not happy with my current at all

    ReplyDelete