Friday, November 18, 2022

skin care week: dove mini reviews (cleanser and lotion)

Skin care week is well underway here on the creation of beauty is art. So far, there have been posts dedicated to a skin care set and even makeup removing wipes. Now, it is time to look at a couple of items from a tried and tested brand: Dove. This is a brand that has always kind of been around. I remember there being Dove products in my house growing up...and now there are some in my home as an adult. There are some items from the brand that I prefer over others, but this time, I wanted to test out a new body cleanser and a lotion. Keep reading to find out how these drugstore products performed. 


Dove Body Love: Radiance Renew Vitamin C Serum (Renewing Body Cleanser). Don't try to say that name three times fast! This body cleanser certainly has a lengthy name. That being said, it is a product worth considering. According to the brand, this is a serum-infused body wash that addresses dull and uneven skin. It is meant to gently exfoliate and hydrate the skin. This product is made with Vitamin C serum and exfoliating minerals and is intended to leave the skin feeling smoother. The concept itself is fantastic. We use so many serums on our faces but not on the rest of the body. This is clever and certainly stands out from other products on the market. As for the performance, the Renewing Body Cleanser works well. It smells great (a nice light scent that is ultra refreshing) and does a nice job of exfoliating without irritating my sensitive skin. This left my skin feeling really soft and smooth afterwards. I don't use it every day, but it is nice to use this cleanser a few times a week. 


Dove Body Love: Restoring Care Lotion. The second Dove product is a lotion that is designed to address dry skin. According to the brand, this nourishes very dry skin and provides long-lasting moisture. It is also infused with ceramide serum to strengthen the skin's moisture barrier. When it comes to the Restoring Care Lotion, there are some pros and cons. As someone with dry skin, this product definitely appealed to me. It does a good job of hydrating and pampering the skin. Unfortunately, it also has a very strong (almost overwhelming) scent. This can be off putting and makes me unlikely to want to repurchase again in the future. There are other lotions out there that work in a similar fashion but do not have that strong scent. 

Have you tried either of these skin care products? Are you a fan of Dove?

10 comments:

  1. I've never used a serum on body, but this cleanser sounds great, so I'll definitely have a lookout for it in the drugstore! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that the lotion had such an overpowering scent! I like lightly scented products sometimes but hate when the scent is too overpowering!

    Hope you are having a wonderful day :)

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? So frustrating! Lightly scented products are definitely better.

      Delete
  3. Dove is a brand that we also use at home, I have tried their moisturizing body cream and I love it, also their soaps that are a sensory experience and leave the skin soft and hydrated. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really cute from her =) So many wonderful products. Thank you =)
    This box has a pretty nice variety of procuts =) I'm happy to try it, I don't know the brand or the show but the lip duo looks so beautiful, I love it <3

    Great review =) I like Dove products a lot. My favourite series is with shea butter and coconut, love them. The Vitamin C sounds also pretty good =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like a great collection of products! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete