Wednesday, June 29, 2022

pride month inspired makeup look + mini product reviews


Pride month is almost over, but that doesn't mean the celebration has to stop. It is so important to continue to support the LGBTQIA+ community. Whether that means wearing colourful makeup and sharing a supportive hashtag, educating yourself and others, or donating to worthwhile causes...there are many different ways to contribute. For those looking for some direct ways to give back, click here for a comprehensive list of charities and organizations within Canada. Some are related to advocacy and education, some directly benefit young people, some support the arts, and some are related to community spaces and organizations. Every little bit helps! Today on the creation of beauty is art. it is all about fun, colourful, and exciting makeup. Quo Beauty recently released a Pride inspired collection, where 10% of all sales were donated to Pflag Canada. Several of those items were added to my makeup collection, including an ultra colourful eyeshadow palette. Ready to have a little fun with makeup? Here are some mini reviews and a Pride inspired makeup look.


Fun and Fashionable Extras. There were a few different items to make the most of, including a Rainbow Blending Sponge (practical but also aesthetically pleasing), Brow Gems (bold and beautiful add ons that peek and stick to the skin), and Can't Hide My Pride False Lashes (rainbow coloured lashes). I am not someone who normally wears gems and fake lashes, but for special looks and special occasions...these extras are an awful lot of fun. Out of everything here, I especially love the lashes. They are so fun and colourful. I also love the fact that they are really long and dramatic but aren't too full. 


Colourful Eyeshadow Palette. The Love Is Love Eyeshadow Palette is ultra colourful and has a wonderful selection of rainbow shades to choose from. I love the shade names, the large pan sizes (and the cute heart-shaped pan in the middle row), and the fact that there are a couple of shimmery finishes to choose from. My favourite shade in the palette is Fierce, which is a shimmery pink. I love applying that all over the lid with a bit of Fab, a bright matte pink, through the crease and outer corner. It is colourful and fun but still ultra wearable. In terms of the quality, these have a really nice and buttery texture. Unfortunately, some of the shades require a good amount of building up in order to really achieve those full bright colours. This is especially true for the yellow shade, Truth. On the other hand, some of the shadows are richly pigmented. All of the blue eyeshadows are so bold! All in all, this is a really fun palette that pushes me out of my comfort zone in the best possible way. 


Pride Inspired Makeup Look. To create the look, shown above, it was important for me to really step out of my comfort zone. Normally, I am someone who loves a warm neutral shade on the eyes. Something like a bronze, brown, or burgundy is an absolute must. This time, it was all about having fun and embracing lots and lots of colour. I decided to make good use of the blues and green shades, because those are the ones that tend to scare me most. Then I used the shimmery pink to blend out the colours and also added it to the inner corner. The rainbow lashes certainly added lots of drama to the eye look, but I wanted to make use of those stick on gems as well. I didn't go too crazy, but this look definitely took me out of my comfort zone a little bit. It was certainly fun to be creative and do something different. 

What do you think of this colourful makeup look? How did you celebrate Pride month? 

9 comments:

  1. Yes it was amazing to do some wellness at home <3 Absolutely perfect for good vibes and relaxing. The mask was pretty nice =)
    It was a little bit busy but it was ok =) Soon it gets more busy because I work fulltime again <3 :D After 2,5 years of Covid. Thanks a lot, that's really cute from you <3

    Nice review =) This products look so beautiful =)
    Especially the stickers for your skin, they're so cute. I love styles like this <3 I have some of them too, they're perfect for festivals.
    And I love the palette, beautiful colours =) I like your make up a lot, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the face stickers are so fun. I wish I was able to wear them out somewhere, but I'm still trying to avoid crowds of people whenever possible. Hopefully next year!

      Delete
    2. Absoluteley =) I understand you. I'm going on my first festival this month, after 2,5 years :D Maybe I will wear some stickers there.

      Oh yes this is really nice =) I love to try food :D

      Delete
  2. You makeup looks amazing and loving the stuff. Those eyelashes WOW :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omaigadd you're so beutiful.. I like to experiment with make up..so sad I can't get this brand in my country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Experimenting with makeup is always so much fun! One of my favourite things to do :D

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this look on you, Shannon! You look gorgeous as always:) I love how Quo brought this collection out. I don't wear fake lashes either but those look like soooo much fun. And that palette....so great to see all these colours, and good to hear that most are pigmented!
    Happy Canada Day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun lashes! Even though I don't wear lashes often...these are a great way to bring in lots of colour. I hope you have a great Canada Day! <3

      Delete