Tuesday, June 7, 2022

testing out a new hair product (jvn complete air dry cream)

Hair has been on my mind a lot lately. Probably because my hair was quite long and overgrown. It was uncomfortable and heavy...shapeless and difficult to tame. Clearly, a haircut was in order. I finally went and got it cut recently. I also got it coloured for the first time. (My hair is still brown, just with some lighter highlights scattered through.) Since my hair has been cut and coloured, my focus is on taking care of it in the days and weeks to come. The good news? I have been using the JVN Complete Air Dry Cream lately. The JVN line of hair care products was created by Jonathan Van Ness (who you may recognize from Queer Eye on Netflix) and it launched at the end of 2021. Since I am a fan of JVN already, it only made sense that I would want to test out some of the products. Here is everything you need to know about the Complete Air Dry Cream. 

When it comes to hair care products, my preference is always something that is ultra quick and easy to use. The simpler it is...the more likely I am to actually use it. That is why hair masks and leave-in conditioners tend to be a sporadic part of my routine. I often do not feel like waiting around for 10-15 minutes. So, something like an air dry cream makes a lot of sense for me. I can just work it through damp hair and be on my way. Since I rarely use heat products on my hair these days (working from home and not leaving the house too often) having a cream specifically for air dry days is ideal. 

As for the product claims, there are a lot of them. The JVN Complete Air Dry Cream is described as a "frizz-fighting soft styling cream for buildable, touchable hold that lets your natural texture shine." It is supposed to moisturize, smooth frizz, and protect hair from UV damage. The ingredients include squalane and hemi-squalane, chia seed extract, and moringa seed oil. Additionally, the cream is vegan, cruelty-free, silicone-free, and it even comes in recyclable packaging. (I especially love the latter.) This is also suitable for all different hair types and is safe to use on coloured hair. Clearly there is a lot going on here! 

The packaging is fairly simple, with a cream coloured tube (that appears to be made of some sort of metal) and a basic black cap. This cream has a wonderful scent, that is fresh, light, and pleasant. According to the brand, it smells like sparkling grapefruit, tangerine, white florals, soft violet, and sweet honey. All in all, it smells fabulous and I love to use it. In terms of application, this is quite simple. I just put a little on my hands and run it through my hair. It only take a few seconds to do and the results are noticeable. The JVN Complete Air Dry Cream makes my hair feel softer, smoother, and healthier. 

Overall, I am quite happy with this product. The JVN Complete Air Dry Cream smells good, is easy to use, and delivers on all of the claims. This really fits in well with my low-key hair needs. This is the first product that I have tried from JVN, but it certainly makes me want to try other items from the brand in the future. Based on this cream, the quality is clearly there.

Have you tried anything from JVN? What do you think of the hair care brand?

4 comments:

  1. I donno the brand. Ugg my hair does need attention at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It definitely is! Something that has really been helping my hair!

      Delete