Friday, July 30, 2021

memorable july experiences (featuring local tourist spots)

How is the month almost over? It seems that time passes so quickly these days. But at least there were some memorable moments earlier in the month. Things have slowly but surely been opening back up where I live....which is both exciting and a little unnerving. As a result, there have been a few days where I was able to actually leave the house and do something fun. I've gone to the mall (which was mentioned in my recent Hot Topic haul post) and had a socially distanced outdoor visit with two friends I had not seen since the start of the pandemic. I have also been able to visit two different local tourist spots. Want to see some pictures? Find out more about these locations? Here are some memorable July moments...

The Big Apple and a Nature Walk in Campbellford. To celebrate Canada Day this year, we went to visit The Big Apple. It was a fair drive but definitely worth it. There was of course, The Big Apple itself, wearing a bright yellow mask. (Though the inside was still closed to visitors thanks to the pandemic.) There was also a small petting zoo on the grounds to enjoy and the bakery itself. We took home lots of goodies. After that, we drove further on to Campbellford and walked around the area. There were lift locks and a suspension bridge...and lots of turtles! It was a really nice way to spend the holiday and welcome in the month. 

Jungle Cat World Zoo. Not too long after that day, my husband and I visited Jungle Cat World. It was a bit of a drive as well but it was a lot of fun to visit. Usually, we visit the Toronto Zoo once or twice per year, but we were nervous about the crowds. So it made sense to start with a smaller zoo that had lots and lots of outdoor areas. We went early in the morning and there was hardly anyone else there. It was perfect! At Jungle Cat World, we were able to see all kinds of tigers, lions, monkeys, bunny rabbits (always my favourite) and birds. It was all outside and we able to stay very far away from the few visitors that were there so early in the morning. Definitely a great way to stay safe and still have those wonderful summer experiences. 

It was wonderful to actually be out in the world a few times this month. Though I still try not to leave the house often or visit places that will be crowded...there is something so special about those moments of normality. (Even though normal includes masks and sanitizer.) Before? I might have taken those experiences for granted. Not anymore. Each one is truly remarkable.

Have you been able to visit any local tourist spots this month? Make some special seasonal memories?

18 comments:

  1. I love that the big apple has a mask, haha! It's nice that you have been able to get out and enjoy some local sites again. We enjoyed getting back into the world when our 6 week lockdown ended in 2020, and I'm so glad things are back to normal again. Even though the government still hasn't got us enough vaccines and we still have to have the odd 3 day lockdown now and then to protect us when the virus spreads out of hotel quarantine!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) Ours is going to be a quiet one at home!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Ha, it is really a cute detail. I hope you are able to get enough vaccines soon. But I'm glad things are more or less back to normal where you are! That is such a blessing. Have a fabulous weekend <3

      Delete
  2. Hi dear! Wonderful these places 😍 my July is on the beach! In this situation covid19 I don't travel outside my italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad there are beautiful beaches for you to enjoy this summer :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely plan!
    have a great weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a great weekend as well <3

      Delete
  4. Haha the Big Apple is observing COVID protocol, love it.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, and I love the mask of the Big Apple! This month was my birthday month and finally after a year I could visit my family to celebrate it with them ^^
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! It is a really cute detail. Oh I am SO glad you were able to celebrate with your family. It must have been a really memorable birthday :D

      Delete
  6. That Big Apple is cool! Lol at first I thought hubby was wearing a kilt! And I love anything to do with animals :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes this deal was really nice =) Thank you. Yes especially the crunchy cereals sounds so good. Thanks, hope you have a nice weekend too =)
    Oh yes the Minions toothpaste is so cute <3 I love the Minions too, they're so cute and BANANA :D Thank you.

    Interesting post with nice tips. The Jungle Cat World Zoo sounds amazing <3 I love animals, so I like to visit different zoos to see them =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, minions are the best. They are so adorable! Thank you so much. I love visiting different zoos as well. It is always interesting to learn more <3

      Delete
  8. Great post! :) The ZOO visit must have been amazing!

    Petra z FRENCHSTYLE | Sleduj ma aj na Instagrame

    ReplyDelete