Monday, July 12, 2021

mini haul: victoria's secret accessories + fragrances


Trips to the local shopping mall used to be fun but ordinary experiences. Now? It is a luxury that I am unlikely to take for granted any time soon. While previous trips to the mall used to involve checking out random stores and wandering around...this visit was brief and for a specific purpose. See, I needed new bras. Badly. After well over a year in either lockdown or semi-lockdown conditions (not to mention gaining some additional pandemic weight) my undergarments were in serious need of an upgrade. So I tried on every single bra in my drawer and tossed anything that didn't fit properly or was worn out. Then it was off to Victoria's Secret to start fresh. Thankfully, the day I went happened to be the time of a major sale, so everything was dramatically discounted. Nothing like good timing! Of course, a few additional items were added to my cart that day. Take a peek at my new purse and a few new fragrances from Victoria's Secret. 


The Victoria Slouchy Satchel in Orchid Blush. First up in the Victoria's Secret mini haul is this fabulous purse. It was normally $80 CDN but was on sale for $28. Honestly? It was love at first sight. The soft blush colour is absolutely fabulous and the gold and pink details just added to the overall feminine elegance. I love the gold chain detail, the stitching on the handles, and the fact that this has a detachable strap. The material is ridiculously soft and there is a ton of room inside the purse. One detail that really stands out? There is a small pocket inside with a little mirror that pulls out. Genius! Absolute genius! This makes it super quick and easy to check my makeup throughout the day. And I love that the pocket and mirror lay flat so it doesn't add bulk or weight to the purse. This purse is stylish, versatile, and practical. The perfect combination.


Dream Angel Fragrance Mist and Velvet Petals Shimmer. It is no secret: I love anything and everything that smells good. Perfume is an important part of my everyday routine and it is nice to have different options to choose from based on my mood. The fact that these products were dramatically discounted made the decision to add them to my collection even easier. They went from $28 CDN to $8 CDN each. The Dream Angel fragrance mist comes in a simple plastic bottle with the Victoria's Secret logo and a cute shimmery design on the back. It smells so pretty. This scent is light but warm and is a fabulous daytime option. Then there is the Velvet Petals Shimmer. I have a weakness for anything sparkly or shimmery and this product effortlessly combined glittery fabulousness with an amazing scent. This has a soft floral fragrance that is warm and sultry. The shimmer is subtle but looks beautiful on the skin. It doesn't feel tacky or sticky....just looks beautiful and shimmery! 

There you have it....my mini haul. All in all, I was really happy with the products from Victoria's Secret (including those that were not pictured). It was a necessary visit but it was nice to pick up a few fun extras as well. They have certainly been making me smile lately. Though mall visits are a little bit different these days, thanks to the masks and long waits in line, it was a real luxury to be able to buy the things that I needed as well as a few of the things that I wanted. 

Have you tried any of these items? Are you a fan of Victoria's Secret accessories and fragrances?

14 comments:

  1. Nice stuff. Not sure how I'd get on with the scents though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The scents are really pretty...but I love a good perfume!

      Delete
  2. wow what an incredible price the bag! you were right to take advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That satchel is soooo nice, Shannon, and I can't believe you got it for that price. Great score:) And I've always loved Victoria's Secret fragrances. I was so obsessed the Pear Glace, which unfortunately was discontinued. I did stock up so many years later, I still have one bottle left I think:D
    Hope you're having a great Monday so far:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price was so reasonable. Thank goodness for sales! Ooh I wish I had been able to try Pear Glace because it sounds lovely. So smart that you stocked up a bit. Why is it that the best stuff always gets discontinued??

      Delete
  4. I used to be obsessed with Victoria's Secret fragrances and I think your post makes me want to purchase a few stuff from there. It's been a hot minute! Love your mini haul xx

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad the post could inspire! The scents there are so lovely! Thank you <3

      Delete
  5. Very nice products and beautiful bag.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot =) Yes it was a busy week but also very nice.
    Yes this sheet mask was really nice =) The smell was so nice, like a little cherry bomb :D Thank you.

    Great haul, I love Victoria's Secret a lot especially the body sprays are always really good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got an excellent deal on that satchel! And I love VS fragrances.

    Bisma Rauf / Instagram

    ReplyDelete