Monday, July 5, 2021

review: benefit they're real! magnet mascara

When it comes to mascara...Benefit is one of the best. Over the years, I have tried many different mascaras. (Take a peek at some of those reviews here.) Some were excellent and some were total disasters. One of my all-time favourites is the Benefit They're Real! mascara. I love how dramatic it is. I love all of the volume and length it creates. And of course, I love the unique wand design. It is a definite standout! Recently, Benefit released another version of the They're Real! mascara. The Benefit They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara comes with an awful lot of product claims and some unusual design details. Ready to take a closer look? Find out how this high-end mascara performs? Here is a full review of the latest release. 

It is time to take a look at the product claims. This is no ordinary tube of mascara! According to the brand, the Benefit They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara provides extreme lengthening and lifting. The mascara has a wand with a "magnetically charged core that pulls the magnetic, mineral-enriched formula up and out beyond the tips of the lashes for extreme length and powerful lift." It has zig-zag bristles that are positioned to fan out and separate lashes for up to 36 hours of wear and 40% longer lashes. Phew! Talk about an awful lot of product claims. 

Are the claims actually accurate? Well, sort of. The Benefit They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara definitely lengthens and lifts the lashes. The colour is an intense rich black and the mascara instantly adds lots and lots of drama. The overall intensity and finish is impressive. In fact, it actually reminds me a lot of the regular They're Real! mascara. I liked the way my lashes looked after using this product. One thing to note: there can be some smudging throughout the day. I noticed that there was some transfer underneath the eyes after I went outside for a short walk around the neighbourhood. If you plan to head outside for any amount of time...be aware! Use a good setting spray or reach for a waterproof mascara instead. 

Now to tackle those magnetic design details. In terms of the actual packaging? Adorable. This comes in a sleek silver tube and has a little magnet on top of the cap. I love a good theme and Benefit did a great job of tying everything together. As for the magnetically charged core? I have absolutely no idea whether or not that makes a difference. It seems slightly gimmicky to me and there is no real way to tell if the mascara itself actually needs that magnetic core in order to work well. The mascara wand is large and chunky. That could be a positive or a negative depending on your own personal preferences! I personally don't mind the larger wand but it does make it slightly more difficult to apply product on the lower lashes and in the inner corner. 

All in all, this mascara performs well and makes the lashes look fabulous. As for all of those magnetic product claims? And 40% longer lashes? Hard to say. While I like this mascara overall....I don't like it any more than the regular They're Real! mascara. Since the original is slightly less expensive ($2 less per tube) and doesn't cause issues like smudging or transferring, the original version seems like a better option. So, there you have it. My review of the Benefit They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara. Want to see the product in action? Be sure to check out the first impressions review on my YouTube channel.


Have you tried the new Benefit mascara yet? What did you think of it?

16 comments:

  1. It looks good, I love the packing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes this was a really delicious time in Cologne :D Thank you <3

    Interesting review. I had a little They're Real Magnet Mascara in a magazine but I don't know where it is :D Because now I want to try it, it sound so good =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you are able to try it! You'll have to let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. I have never tried Benefit mascara but I have seen the video and if that's what you wear on your lashes I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used benefit brow products for years (before getting a perm) but it never even occurred to me to check out their eye products. I actually need a new mascara, will give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really great mascaras! Definitely worth trying!

      Delete
  5. I've only tried Maybelline mascaras, but I will try this. And the little bottle is nice!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a few Maybelline ones too! I remember liking them in the past! And yes, the bottle is super cute!

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried this mascara yet. The roller lash is one of my favourites.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really liked the Roller Lash! Definitely a great product!

      Delete
  7. It's a shame you didn't like this as much as the original but great you could give it a go! I've never heard of a magnetic mascara before! thank you for sharing :)

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was worth a try but the original stands out for sure! Thank you <3

      Delete