Wednesday, July 14, 2021

love it or leave it? kim kardashian

Kim Kardashian is never afraid to turn heads. Her style is bold, over the top, and totally fearless. Whether you love or hate what she is wearing...there is no denying the fact that this fashionable celebrity knows how to make a statement. More recently? She stirred up a healthy dose of controversy during a recent trip to the Vatican. Why the controversy? Though she adhered to the dress requirements (covered knees and upper arms) there were a lot of unhappy people thanks to her lace dress with cut outs. It will certainly be an outfit to remember. So, is it a love it or leave it? Keep reading to find out. 

What I Love: There is something so elegant about a lace dress. I love that this dress uses such a sophisticated fabric....but boldly rebels against traditional expectations by adding in the cut outs both in the front and in the back of the dress. I love the off-the-shoulder neckline, the silhouette of the dress, and the length. In my opinion? Kim Kardashian looks absolutely incredible. The cut outs are trendy and fun - and they elevate the lace dress to the next level of style. I think the simple sandals were an excellent choice for summer as well. As for the sunglasses? These clunky 90s style sunglasses shouldn't work but they almost clash in a good way. It is just another example of combining tradition and trend. 

What I Loathe: Quite frankly, the only thing I loathe is the fact that Kim received so much backlash for this dress! It may include cut outs and it may be fashion forward...but I do not think it is disrespectful. The dress is both classic (thanks to the neckline, silhouette, and lace fabric) and on trend (thanks to the cut outs and accessories). It expresses a unique point of view and is completely memorable. Fashion is meant to be exciting and different. Personally, I think Kim Kardashian did a fantastic job of blending two opposing styles together. This is a dress that won't soon be forgotten.

So....was this a love it or leave it? Love! Kim Kardashian stayed true to her own sense of style while still playing by the rules. Maybe this cut out lace dress didn't make everyone happy, but ultimately, fashion is about showcasing who you are and how you feel. It is a beautiful form of expression that should never be silenced or limited. 

What do you think of this outfit? Love it or leave it?

14 comments:

  1. I followed Kim during her days in Rome, my Italy! Her looks were incredible as always, even if a little exaggerated in the Vatican museums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Yes, her looks were definitely both exaggerated and incredible!

      Delete
  2. This look was a love for me as well. I found it to be very classy.

    Bisma Rauf / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I donno much about her in truth apart from she is getting divorced. Looking at your photos here, the dress is gorgeous and cool. Why on earth would she get slatted for it? Honestly the media are so bad aren't they :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel the same when it comes to the dress. It is so lovely! The media definitely likes to stir the pot and create controversy!

      Delete
  4. Thank you =) Oh yes the shirt has a positive statement =) I love this shopping bag, it's so cute with the ananas.

    Great post =) I like Kim Kardashian. I think she's a little bit over the top but she has a really great style and I like her self-confidence =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! She is so confident and does not make apologies for who she is. I love that <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the beautiful post!

    Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit I must say. It fits her perfectly and the cutout detail on the back accentuate the silhouette so much :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the dress. I totally don't see why it was hated. it looks good on her. yes sexy and a little provocative but that's exactly what I expected (and wanted frankly) to see on Kim

    ReplyDelete