Thursday, July 22, 2021

mini hot topic haul (sailor moon + new accessories)

Honestly? I had no intention of heading back to the local mall. At least not for a little while! Despite the fact that the world seems to be opening back up (bit by bit)....my comfort level isn't really there yet. That being said, my mom had a few returns that were long overdue thanks to the shutdowns, and she asked me to come with her while she handled them. So, back I went to the mall. There was a short line outside of Hot Topic and the temptation won out. As a lover of band t-shirts, television merchandise, and nostalgic items, Hot Topic is one of my all-time favourite places to be. It is a store that I have been unable to enter since late 2020, either due to shutdowns, an unwillingness to leave the house, or massive lineups. Heading back inside was a very exciting moment. I tried to make the process short and sweet, since there were still a handful of people waiting outside, but I was able to snag a few items that were on my wish list. Ready to take a look? Here is my mini Hot Topic haul.


Sailor Moon T-Shirt and Accessories. Not too long ago, I mentioned my Sailor Moon obsession here on the creation of beauty is art. You can take a peek at the "Four Things Making Me Smile" post for more on that! Well, the obsession has not dimmed or dulled. In fact, I am currently debating whether or not to splurge on some of the additional English language seasons. In the meantime, I am very much enjoying these new Sailor Moon items from Hot Topic. The white t-shirt (pictured at the beginning of this post) is so beautiful. Much better than the other Sailor Moon shirt currently in my closet. This particular design is bright, colourful, and fun. I also love that it features Rini in addition to the Sailor Scouts. 

The accessories are another obsession. The first set is a necklace set that includes different charms that can be added or switched out. Each of the charms is a symbol associated with Sailor Moon and of course, is wonderfully themed. I personally love the charms on the bottom row and plan to turn them into mismatched earrings instead. They are just so beautiful and would look amazing worn together. As for the other set? It is all about those gorgeous earrings. I love the variety that the set included (stars, moons, and even silhouettes of Luna and Artemis). Then on the bottom row, there are small hoops earrings with dangling symbols from the show (like the iconic compact). These are fabulous because some of the earrings are more subtle and some are more obviously related to Sailor Moon. There is a lot to choose from here and I absolutely adore these. 


Dangling Statement Earrings. Clearly, I am all about the earrings these days! These accessories are easy to wear and really add a splash to an outfit. More recently, dangling statement earrings have been making me happiest. This might have to do with the fact that they are a little bolder and more glamorous...which is a stark contrast to all of the months I spent inside wearing sweatpants and loungewear suits. The two that I took home with me are both beautiful but both very different. The first pair takes me back to my emo roots because it has lots of safety pins with black beads. I used to be obsessed with safety pin inspired accessories and this was a wonderful blast of nostalgia. The other pair of earrings features dangling crystals and stars. It actually made me think of Sailor Moon, which is definitely a good thing. They are so fun and so glamorous. I love both pairs!

So...there you have it. My mini Hot Topic haul. There were about a million other things that I would have loved to take home with me, but these were the most important. I am absolutely obsessed with each and every item. 

What do you think of these pieces? Do you like shopping at Hot Topic?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love love the SM tshirt and jewelries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omaigaddd i love it!
    Still remembered sailor moon tagline "dengan kuasa bulan akan menghukumu" its in malay heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is the same in the English translation! Absolutely classic :)

      Delete
  3. Hi dear, the t-shirt Sailor Moon is incredible! I love this manga since I was a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love this!

    Bisous,
    BLOG PEQUENO MUFFIN | LARA REIS
    www.pequenomuffin.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul. I donno Hot Topic, scared to check it out...might be stuff I want haha! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dangerous store, for sure! I rarely leave empty handed!

      Delete