Wednesday, October 2, 2024

#FOTD: inspired by shirley partridge

Confession: I have been watching a lot of The Partridge Family lately. This is one of my all-time favourite comfort shows. I have had it on DVD for many years now and seem to come back to it on a semi-regular basis. I love everything about it: the 70s home decor, hair, and clothes, the wacky plots, the family connection, the incredible music, and of course, David Cassidy. While re-watching season one recently, I was especially taken by the makeup worn by Shirley Partridge aka the iconic Shirley Jones. Though the makeup style was fairly similar throughout the series (sometimes there was a little more colour and there were some bolder lines from time to time)....in season one specifically, there was one daytime makeup look that really wowed. It was simple, but still made a statement. Here is a closer look at that daytime makeup look and my own #FOTD recreation.


The makeup look above is classic and colourful. Though it doesn't look as colourful in this screenshot, the cheek and lip colours were a lovely peach colour. On the eyes, there was a neutral base with a taupe through the crease. There was a bit of winged eyeliner and lots of lashes. She looked so elegant and beautiful. I loved that there was simplicity, but still lots of colour on the cheeks and lips. Again, this screenshot does not fully do the look justice, so I apologize for that, but you can certainly see where the inspiration comes from. And why I was so enamored with this fabulous Shirley Partridge makeup look. 


To create this Shirley Partridge inspired #FOTD, there were several old and new favourite products used. On the eyes, it was my beloved Cool, Whatever Eyeshadow Palette from Kara Beauty. I used the cool white all over the lid and then blended out with some of the taupes and grey colours to mimic the eyeshadow look featured on the show. For the eyeliner, the NYX Epic Ink Liner was used, but I kept the wing a little smaller than I normally do. I used a Cover Girl mascara and really added on the layers to the bottom lashes. On the cheeks, it was a peach blush from Too Faced, and on the lips, it was a peach lipstick from YSL. I loved the peachy colours on the lips and cheeks contrasted against the cooler toned colours on the eyes. It was a fun makeup look to create...especially given my love of The Partridge Family and the amazing character, Shirley Partridge. 

What television shows have you been watching lately? What do you think of this #FOTD?

1 comment: