Friday, October 18, 2024

my barbie expo experience in montreal

It was a long day. A very long day. But when it comes to Barbie, sacrifices must be made. A few weeks back, my mom and I took the train to Montreal early in the morning...only to return back home the same day. Most of the day was spent on route and only a handful of hours were spent in Montreal, but in the end, it all worked out well. Barbie has always been an important part of my life, which is likely due to my mom and her obsession with the doll. The fashion, the glamour, and the possibilities made Barbie an absolute must back then and the same is true today. There is something so special about the doll. And that is how we ended up on a train to Montreal so we could visit the Barbie Expo. Here are a few highlights from the experience. 

This is not my first time attending a Barbie themed event. A few years back, there was a visit to the World of Barbie event, which featured life-size recreations of Barbie houses, cars, and all the rest. This time around, the focus was on the various dolls that have been released over the years. This particular collection featured over 1,000 dolls. Some were bridal themed, others were fashion focused, and some were even based off of movies and television shows. There was an awful lot to look at. We had a bit of difficulty finding the building where the Barbie Expo was actually located, due to a ton of construction outside and sidewalks blocked off. However, we finally arrived and were in for a real Barbie-themed treat. There were dolls everywhere!


The expo was located at Les Cours Mont Royal and admission was completely free. It was so much fun looking at the different designs by Bob Mackie, Kate Spade, Tim Gunn, Zac Posen, and others. Plus, there were Barbie dolls from around the world. There were tons of wedding inspired looks, with rows and rows of bridal wear. There were a few wedding dresses that knocked my socks off. The designs were so elaborate! I also liked that there were more fantasy inspired dolls, with fairies, mermaids, and all sorts of interesting characters. There was even a miniature runway with tons of dolls on stage and in the audience. 


There was a lot to look at and enjoy at the Barbie Expo. I love that there was a good variety of dolls, all sorts of designer duds, and even a Barbie doll box to take a photograph in. For a free expo, there was certainly a lot of time and care put into displaying the dolls. After my mom and I looked at each and every doll (some more than once) we did a bit of shopping in Montreal at H&M, Simons, and a few other shops. Before too long, it was time to head back to the train station for our return home. It was hard to believe that we were homeward bound after such a short time off of the train, but we were able to see all we set out to see. All in all, it was a good day and a fun experience. The Barbie Expo was really fascinating. If you happen to be in the area, the expo is definitely something that you will want to make a little time for. So many Barbie dolls! 

Are you a fan of Barbie? Have you ever been to an expo like this one?

11 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure! It sounds like the Barbie Expo in Montreal was a delightful experience filled with nostalgia and creativity. I love how you captured the magic of Barbie and all the stunning designs from various designers. It's amazing that you and your mom made such a memorable day out of it, even with the travel challenges! I’d love to see those elaborate bridal dresses you mentioned. Thanks for sharing your experience!

    Read my new blog post. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how much detail goes into each and every design! I loved being able to see it all up close :D

      Delete
  2. darling this exhibition is wonderful! I saw it yesterday in Milan, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a really nice week and it was so much fun with my mom at the Bernd Stelter show.
    Thanks =) I hope she will enjoy the advent calendar <3
    This calendar is so beautiful, I love the design =) Such a nice work from Pamela Reif. I can't wait to open it.
    This box has really good products inside, I am happy to snack some good stuff soon.

    I'm a little bit jealous <3 :D I love Barbie so much too, she shaped my childhood. It was so much fun playing with Barbies and it's so nice how many different Barbies are out now. Sounds like a nice experience in Montreal =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Great, I would like to see that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete