Monday, October 21, 2024

review: kylie cosmetics setting spray (matte finish)

Not all setting sprays are created equal. Some are good, some are so-so, and some do not work at all. I have tried all sorts over the years and have liked a fair few, but still do not have one that I repurchase on a consistent basis. Perhaps the Setting Spray: Matte Finish from Kylie Cosmetics will change that. Several months back, I attended an event with my husband and raffle tickets were sold for a charity. We bought some and I put all of our tickets into the raffle for a basket full of beauty products, many of them from Kylie Cosmetics. Well...I won! Talk about a nice surprise. Over the next little while, the products from that raffle will be reviewed here on the creation of beauty is art. The first is the setting spray from Kylie Cosmetics. 

According to the brand, the Setting Spray: Matte Finish from Kylie Cosmetics is a "mattifying, ultra-fine mist that instantly sets and locks in makeup for all day wear. This weightless formula helps soothe skin, minimize excess shine, and prevent makeup from settling into fine lines." Those are pretty bold claims for a setting spray, but for the most part, the claims are accurate. 

There is a lot that I like about this product. First of all, the packaging. Everything from the brand has that gorgeous soft pink colour. The colour is beautiful, the design is simple, and the spray itself is nice and fine. I have tried some setting sprays in the past that spray out heavy and uneven droplets. (My pet peeve with setting sprays.) I love that this has a nice fine and even mist. I don't have to worry about too much or too little product being used. As for the scent, it is light and doesn't bother me. Some other sprays have a really heavy fragrance, which can be off-putting. This strikes a nice balance. When it comes to the actual performance, it is impressive. My face makeup lasts all day long without issue whenever I reach for this spray. I like the matte finish, because it means I can enjoy a more matte look without my dry skin being an issue. This setting spray is one that I will happily continue to use - and one that is likely to be purchased once the bottle runs out. It is a solid product. 

What is your favourite setting spray? Have you tried the one from Kylie Cosmetics?

6 comments:

  1. This is a great spray, I also think the packaging is so elegant and beautiful.
    I use a spray from Morphe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa Tarde e ótima semana. Uma segunda-feira com muita paz e saúde. Produto maravilhoso, minha querida amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really use setting spray but this sounds very good!
    And has a very nice packaging!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear makeup so no idea such a product existed!

    ReplyDelete