Friday, October 25, 2024

birthday inspired nails: sally hansen miracle gel (it's sherbert day)

Themed beauty products always make me smile. I've had the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish in It's Sherbert Day for a little while now, but was waiting for the right occasion to put it to use. This is from a birthday collection that celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Miracle Gel line of polish. It is hard to believe it has been that long, but it turns out my first post about the Miracle Gel line was post on the creation of beauty is art. way back in 2014. Time flies! I have been saving this nail polish in order to wear it on my actual birthday, which was yesterday. I took the day off of work and treated myself to a little at-home manicure. Ready to see how it turned out? Find out whether this birthday themed nail polish is worth adding to your cart.

There is a lot to celebrate when it comes to the Miracle Gel line of nail polishes. These polishes have a gel like finish and last longer than many other nail polishes on the market. Apparently, these have been in heavy rotation for about a decade. I have lots of different colours from this particular line, because I love the colours, finishes, and longevity. I don't have time to redo my nails every few days, so it is nice to have something that lasts. As for this particular collection, I like that the brand chose to celebrate the 10 year anniversary with a birthday themed collection. There were eight shades in total (including some lovely pinks and purples), but it was It's Sherbert Day that caught my eye thanks to the beautiful colour and shimmer on full display. 

As seen from the photograph above, this particular nail polish is a bright sky blue. It also has a bit of fuchsia shimmer throughout. The shimmer looks bolder in the bottle than it does on the nails, but it is still a nice subtle finish.  I love the beautiful colour and finish...not to mention the fact that this dries fairly quickly and lasts for well over a week. This was the perfect addition to my birthday celebration. It was nice to take time to relax and unwind before heading to dinner.

Do you like to use the Miracle Gel nail polishes from Sally Hansen? What do you think of this colour?

3 comments:

  1. Seems a nice nailpolish! The effect on your nails looks great (but I don't know if its for your skills), very gel-like!
    Love the color anyway!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day Shannon :-D

    I like the Sally Hansen nail polishes. There are a few different lines from the brand. We like quick drying :-D The shimmer looks great in the bottle and you can see it clearly on the nails too. I do like a shimmer. :-D

    ReplyDelete