Wednesday, October 9, 2024

current favourites: halloween edition

The fall season has has been a little uneven so far. September started off strong and my apartment was fully decorated with pumpkins, leaves, ghosts, and other such seasonal items. But then we received a notice that some rather invasive repair work would be done to our living room and hall ceilings...which meant un-decorating, packing away most of our possessions, and tarping all of the furniture. And after the repairs were done? It meant days and days of cleaning up the absolute disaster the contractors left behind. It has been draining to say the least. Halloween is just a few weeks away and it feels like I am starting over in a sense. I am trying to find my footing again and reestablish a connection to one of my favourite times of year. In an attempt to do that....here are some current Halloween favourites that I am hoping will add some spooky vibes to my space.


The first handful of items are some old and new favourites. The new? Some Wednesday Addams stickers and Halloween themed Peanuts socks. I found the pack of stickers for $5 CDN and immediately purchased them, since all things Addams Family are excellent in my world. I chose a couple of Wednesday stickers to put on my phone case this month. (One says "Solitude Suits Me," which feels appropriate!) The socks have been in heavy rotation already and are a fun way to infuse my days with a little seasonal magic. Now for some old favourites. The Casper comic book was a previously thrifted find that I like to read and display in October. The earrings are from Betsey Johnson and say TRICK and TREAT with little candy corns on top.


A few other current favourites include seasonally scented candles and soap. I found the Pumpkin Spice Foaming Hand Soap from Body Prescriptions at Winners. It is a really large bottle and smells fantastic. I've been using it for the last month or so and there is still a ton left. I love the cute design with the gnomes, the warm pumpkin scent, and how much product was included. Now for the candles. I absolutely love candles and have them burning regularly. The smaller candle, Ghost Stories from DW Home, was described as sweet, warm, and spiced. It was "pumpkin spice marshmallows caramelized over hickory wood atop cinnamon graham crackers." I say was, because this candle has come and gone. I loved it and finished burning it the other day. 

The other two candles were mainly purchased because of the amazing containers. There are cute seasonal stickers on the front and the lids have this fuzzy sort of design. Both of these are also from DW Home and have really wonderful seasonal scents. The first is Falling Leaves, which has "aromatic herbs, pine cone, earthy woods, crisp green apple and aromatic leaves with a touch of citrus and woodland spices." The description doesn't exactly sound like my kind of candle, but it smells incredible. It is light enough that it doesn't overpower the room, but still brings in all of those fall scents. The other candle is Howling Moon and has a fabulously creepy jack-o-lantern on the lid. It is "harvest pumpkin with cinnamon, toaster allspice, clove bud, and smooth, citrus vanilla." My weakness is anything pumpkin scented, so this was an absolute must for my home.

The fall season has had ups and downs so far, but my hope is the rest of October will be memorable for the right reasons.

How are you preparing for Halloween? Are you enjoying the fall season so far?

5 comments:

  1. I hope the rest of October brings you more memorable experiences and that you can fully enjoy your favorite time of year. As for my Halloween preparations, I'm enjoying the season by exploring pumpkin patches, planning spooky movie nights, and trying out some fall-themed recipes. I’m curious—do you have any particular traditions you like to enjoy during this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great items, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the repairs but that's great it's all done. I understand the clean up hassle though...ugh! Anyhoo, love all these fave of yours:) I love Casper too, and now I'm gonna look out for the comic when I go thrifting too.
    Hope you're having a great Wednesday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The repairs and cleaning up afterwards sound absolutely stressful ...
    Still, looking on the bright side, you get to enjoy decorating for Halloween twice :-)
    Loving your round-up of favourites, and I couldn't agree more in that "Solitude Suits Me" too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool items. The earrings are great.
    Greetings and I invite you to see my new painting :)

    ReplyDelete