Monday, October 14, 2024

what i've been watching lately (early fall edition)


Ahh...television. Do I watch too much of it? Most definitely. Do I have plans to cut back? Not a chance. There is something so wonderful about peeking into the lives of different characters, especially on a grey fall day with a scented candle burning on the table. There is a coziness to it all. Though the fall season is less than a month in, there are already lots of new and old favourites on my watched list. (Confession: there have been lots of spooky seasonal favourites in the mix as well, but those will be highlighted in a future blog post.) Here are some shows and movies that have been keeping me company so far this fall. 


Gilmore Girls. It just wouldn't be the fall season without a little Gilmore Girls. This is a series that I have loved for many years and have come back to often. When one of my closest friends mentioned that she was doing a rewatch, it inspired me to start my own. There is something so comforting about the unique characters and of course, Stars Hollow. This is a show that I love to escape to from time to time, but especially when the fall season is underway. It just has a special kind of magic. Truly, there are few things better than an afternoon cuddled under a blanket while watching Rory and Lorelai Gilmore take on the world. 

Only Murders In The Building. New episodes of Only Murders In The Building make me extremely happy. Though I hate waiting week to week (because I am impatient) it is exciting to have a new episode waiting for me each week. All of the seasons have been incredible, but I have especially been loving season four. Fingers crossed the finale will exceed all expectations. For now, it has just been nice to watch such a stellar cast. Martin Short, Steve Martin, and Selena Gomez are absolute perfection. 

Back to 15. The final season of Back to 15 was added to Netflix recently and it was such a bittersweet experience. On one hand, it was nice that a show that I adore had such a great sendoff. On the other hand, it made me really sad to say goodbye to the characters. The show is about a woman who is able to travel back to her life at 15 using her old photoblog. Some changes make her life better in the future and some make her life worse. It was fascinating watching all of the different scenarios play out...and hoping that however it ended would be positive. The show is in Portuguese, but luckily, there are voice dubs to enjoy the show with or without subtitles. That is one thing I really like about Netflix. It is possible to watch content from all over. 

Pan Am. I remember watching Pan Am when it first aired and being absolutely distraught when it was cancelled. It had everything! Mystery, intrigue, an amazing cast, and fabulous costumes. I will watch just about anything with Christina Ricci. It turns out, I will also rewatch just about anything with Christina Ricci. Currently, Pan Am is available on the Roku Channel, so I have been able to fall in love with the show all over again. I wish it had stayed on the air longer, because it is a standout. 

Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery. It is no secret that I love cozy mystery novels and Hallmark movies. Put the two together and it is a match made in heaven. Joanne Fluke is an author that I adore. There are so many of her books on my shelf. Previously, this Hallmark series was called Murder She Baked, but for some reason, the movies are now called A Hannah Swensen Mystery instead. There are a few movies that I am still trying to find from this series, but it is so good. I love Alison Sweeney. She really brings Hannah to life! Carrot Cake Murder was an excellent addition to the cozy mystery movie series. 

What have you been watching? Have you added anything new to your list?

1 comment:

  1. I only know Only Murders and been watching it too! Not been watching much else apart from a few older game shows and some Hallowe'en stuff in the Hallowe'en section on Disney.

    ReplyDelete