Sunday, December 11, 2022

life lately: the friends experience and marie osmond concert


It used to be a common occurrence. Leaving the house and heading to head to a ticketed activity, that is. Concerts, performances, special events...I loved them all. Unfortunately, those events have become a lot less common over the years. This is in part due to the rising costs (it is unbelievable how much a concert ticket is now) and in part due to the pandemic. That being said, the month of December has seen me head to not one but two special events. Talk about unusual! 


The Friends Experience 



It all started early in the morning. My two friends and I drove down to the Yorkdale Shopping Center to be some of the first entrants for the day at The Friends Experience. Though we had booked normal tickets, my friend was able to upgrade, which meant no one else was around us and there was a guide to take our photos. Since I am still hesitant to be around other human beings, this was extra amazing. We were able to spend time in replica sets, look at props, some costumes, scripts, and other displays. It was so much fun. We took lots of silly photos, played a game of trivia, and even bought replica Hugsy the Penguins. 


Though there were many highlights...it was especially fun to sit in the Central Perk set. We even stepped behind the counter. This really was a Friends fantasy come to life. After our time at The Friends Experience (which took about an hour and a half) we went back to my friends house to watch lots of Friends episodes and just enjoy hanging out in person. The latter is not something that I have done a lot of since the pandemic, but I am trying to be more open to the idea. Baby steps! 

Marie Osmond: A Symphonic Christmas



The last concert I attended was in February 2020. Just one month later, everything in the world changed. At the time, I had no idea that it would be almost three years before I would attend another live show. It is incredible how much has changed between then and now. On the plus side...I was finally able to attend a concert in person. The performer? Marie Osmond. I am a huge fan of Donny Osmond and Marie Osmond. I've had the pleasure of seeing them in concert several times over the years (twice in Las Vegas and four times in the Toronto area). I've seen Donny Osmond solo twice. I met Donny and Marie in Las Vegas and won a backstage meet and greet with Donny in Niagara Falls. It's pretty incredible to have so many wonderful experiences under my belt. This time? It was finally time to see a solo Marie Osmond concert. Talk about a thrill. 


So, how was the concert? In a word: phenomenal. Marie has the most beautiful voice. I love that she can sing every genre. I'm talking pop songs, country songs, show tunes, opera songs, and everything in between. This was a Christmas concert so there was a little bit of everything thrown in there. This included some classic holiday songs (and lots of sparkly outfits), the iconic Marie song, Paper Roses, and some opera songs. The latter was the highlight for me. Though I would not call myself a fan of opera...every single time Marie sings opera, I get goosebumps. Her voice is remarkable and I am in awe of her talent. Marie also showcased her nephew, David Osmond. He sang a few songs on his own and a few with Marie as well. I'd never heard David before, but wow, did he have an amazing voice. He also shared his amazing story about living with MS. All in all, it was a powerful night full of laughter, tears, and incredible music. What a way to enjoy the holiday season.

There is always so much going on in December. From holiday traditions to special ticketed events...it is certainly a month to remember. I am so grateful for the wonderful experiences that have started the month off right. 

Have you attended any concerts or events lately? Share your own experiences in the comment section below!

30 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend any events lately. :(
    Friends experience looks amazing. i would like to be there too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. It can be difficult, for sure. Hopefully you will be able to attend something special in the near future!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes really wonderful, I love Granolas <3 Thanks my weekend was pretty nice. Hope yours too <3

    Nice post, it sounds like a really great event. I love concerts so much, my last one was Backstreet Boys in October <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concerts can be really fun! It was so nice to finally attend another one.

      Delete
    2. Concerts make special memories =) Can't live without them.

      I love my advent calendars so much <3 So many nice stuff inside. Oh yes the first Essie nail polish is gorgeous and uniqe. The voice message was so cute, it sounds like a voice message from my best friend <3 :D December is such a great month.

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot =) The trip was really nice. I love the Rhine river, the food was so good and we had so much fun the whole time. Yes this was really annoying, I hate delays :D The snow makes such a great christmas feeling <3
      Yes this moose is pretty cute <3 Thank you very much =)

      Delete
  3. Great post, I really love reading it :) Unfortunately, I haven't been to any concerts or events recently, I'm usually far from such cities where they are organized.
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sorry you haven't been able to attend any events recently. Hopefully that will change in the new year!

      Delete
  4. The two events you went to sound absolutely fantastic. I was a huge fan of the Osmonds as a teen back in the 1970s! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Friends experience sounds so fun!^^
    And the concert has been amazing too! Great for you!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both experiences sound great, I hope you enjoyed lots!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! The two events sound so fun.
    Have a great day :)

    Ben | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I like all. I want to visit this studio ....kisses

    www.ioannesbaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun! I would love some Friends experience especially with my friends. Among our closest there two die hard fans of the show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so wonderful! I hope you'll be able to do something similar in the future!

      Delete
  10. I cannot remember the last gig I was it! Well over 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great you have been able to enjoy these events! The friends experience looks and sounds like so much fun - I'd definitely do something like that if it came up here, it would be so good! :)

    Hope you are having a lovely day.

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ja so ein Konzertbesuch ist schon was Tolles! Auch wenn die Tickets immer teurer werden. Spaß macht es trotzdem! :)
    Hab noch eine wundervolle Woche
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! It's a shame that everything has become so expensive, but it is nice to see a show every now and again!

      Delete
  13. That's so awesome you were able to do these, Shannon! I've been to Yorkdale a few times since this Friends thing was on but haven't done it (although I was a huge Friends fan back in the day). That's great to hear it was an awesome experience. And yay for being to go see Marie Osmond:)
    Hope you're having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun experience. If it's still open, consider it, because you might really enjoy! :D

      Delete
  14. Ooh, that's some great experiences! I would love to visit the Friends Set! It sounds really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete