Sunday, December 25, 2022

merry christmas to all and to all a good night.

Merry Christmas! Despite my desire to slow down time and make December last a little longer...Christmas Day has arrived. Don't get me wrong: I love Christmas Day. It is such a special time for family, friends, traditions, food, and of course, hope. It is a day of peace and joy. Of love and kindness. It all just ends so quickly. Perhaps that is why I love the days and weeks leading up to the main event even more than the grand finale. I love all of the movies and the snow falling outside. I love checking for Christmas cards in the mail. I love turning on the radio and hearing Mariah Carey. At any rate, Christmas Day is here again. However you are celebrating - and whoever you are celebrating with - may your day be blessed and meaningful. 

On another note, this post is a reminder that my annual mini blog break has arrived. I have always taken the week between Christmas and New Year's Day off as a way to rest and recharge after all of the festivities. I will be back in the new year with even more beauty-related content. In the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic week. I look forward to hearing all about celebrations! Now, for a Christmas quote that perfectly encompasses how I feel...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the creation of beauty is art. How will you be celebrating?

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, dear! And have a great holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Shannon, and enjoy your break! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a very wonderful Christmas with your family & friends =) I love to relax those days, it was pretty nice. And I loved all the food and presents <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Ja, Weihnachten geht immer viel zu schnell vorbei!
    Ich wünsche dir einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
    Liebe Grüße
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only there was a way to slow things down a little! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  5. I feel you, that is why I put the tree the weekend of Thanksgiving but let it sit for a few days and then decorate the first week of Christmas and I keep it up until January 6th and then slowly take down the rest of the decorations by the end of January and I put a few up the week before Thanksgiving. Hope you had a great holiday season!

    Allie of
    www.allienycocm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this plan! I am not in a rush to take down my decorations either. I think I will do it slowly as well. A little bit at a time. <3

      Delete
  6. Christmas is my favourite time of year - it is just so magical! :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have a happy new year!

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I just love it! Thank you so much. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

      Delete